playMaker

Author Topic: 1.2 real soon now?  (Read 5880 times)

mindlube

• Playmaker Newbie
1.2 real soon now?
« on: September 03, 2011, 01:44:52 PM »
Can't wait! I see your homepage is updated. But the Unity asset store doesn't have it yet.  :o

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta
Re: 1.2 real soon now?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 08:23:26 PM »
It's such a huge update, it really makes PM so much more powerful than before. After using them the beta for the last few months 1.2 it would be hard to imagine going back to the old version. IMO it's more of a 1.5 version. I can't speak for Alex and Huttong but I think the release is very close -- don't take my word for it though.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 11:20:09 PM »
1.2 is submitted to the asset store! Pending approval by Unity...

@tobbeo - you suggested a lot of the improvements in 1.2, and your mockups were very useful - so thanks! And keep them coming! ;)

I'd like to take visual customization of graphs further. One idea I'd like to try out is a watermark image on the background to quickly identify the purpose of an FSM. E.g., pick from a selection of built-in images (camera, player controls, door, button, game logic, animation graph, AI...), or add your own. It would provide "at-a-glance" visual info - and look sexy too! Combined with some templates in each category, it might visually suggest how you can split functionality between separate, specialized FSMs (a concept that I think isn't so obvious for all newcomers to Playmaker).

I also want to start noodling on what a higher level project view might look like, showing how these separate FSMs talk to each other... that could be super cool!

Anyway, we'll spend some time prioritizing features for the next update, so get your suggestions in now!

Arianite

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 11:30:19 PM »
 :) :) :) Great News  :D ??? ::)

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 12:40:15 AM »
I'm very grateful for all the additions, I use pressing " ` " to bring up the action browser and type in the action and hit enter to add actions all the time now! And of course copying and pasting actions I don't know how I lived without before! All the enhancements along with the global variables make this such an incredible update.

The watermark sounds interesting, as does a high level overview of all your FSMs. Great, great update!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 03:03:43 AM »
Excellent!!

Dev_Sebas

• 1.2 Beta
    • Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 06:39:06 AM »
Thanks a lot ;D
Bye

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 11:59:48 PM »
Yes i can not go back now.... Sorry but i am totally addicted to the new version..beta or not.

I can totally picture that overview system in my  head.. cool.

Q