playMaker

Author Topic: GetQualitySetting  (Read 4838 times)

MABManZ

• 1.2 Beta
    • MABManZ.com
GetQualitySetting
« on: April 17, 2014, 06:39:03 PM »
I'm trying to make my game very scalable (Android/Ouya to High-end PC) and I've set up a lot of objects to change properties according according to a global string, but I'd like to change this system to change according to the Unity quality settings so I can change things faster and make it easier for users to change graphic options easier until I have time to make a proper "Options" menu.

I found the action for "Set Quality" at http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=2354.0 but I need the opposite, to be able to get the current quality setting INT and then use that value to change other properties in my scene.

Thanks!

Marsh

• Comfort the disturbed, disturb the comfortable
Re: GetQualitySetting
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 01:29:40 PM »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 08:27:52 AM »
Hi,

Give me one more week or so, I'll provide full suport for qualitysettings.

you can get the actions already on the public repository:

https://github.com/jeanfabre/PlayMakerCustomActions_U3/tree/master/Assets/PlayMaker%20Custom%20Actions/QualitySettings

Bye,

Jean

MABManZ

• 1.2 Beta
    • MABManZ.com
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 12:39:54 AM »
Thanks Marsh and Jean! Everything works great

PolyMad

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 09:17:02 PM »
How do you install these actions? There's plenty files, a folder with a package inside...

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 05:59:12 AM »
Hi,
you can get them on the EcoSystem

PolyMad

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 08:12:51 AM »
Thank you, dude!  :)

PolyMad

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 01:43:40 PM »
Hi,
you can get them on the EcoSystem

I am having some problems with these actions, they work differently from other actions, it seems.

In example, the first action I use to work with the settings is GET QUALITY LEVEL.
First of all, the help text seems wrong, as it says: "Sets a new graphics quality level." Additionally, it is REQUIRED that both variables are defined, even though, in example, I only need the level number.
But these things are not the problem.
The problem is that if there is ONLY that action in the state, the state won't be left for the next one. To try to circumvent this problem, I added a stupid compare that is always true, and thanks to this it moves to the next state.

In the next state I check the for two key press to increase and decrease quality level.
The check works, but once it enters the next state, where the only action is QUALITY INCREASE LEVEL or QUALITY DECREASE LEVEL, it freezes in there.
If I go past the last quality level, the limit check works and redirects back, but if the game has to actually change quality, nothing happens, and the flow just stops there again.
I instead expect that after loading the next quality level, the flow proceeds, so I can add further changes to the camera settings... am I wrong in this?

I really can't catch well how these actions work.

Btw: I used the same trick to exit the states, a fake check to the actual quality number, if it's more than -1 then FINISHED, and it works, but I can't understand if this the correct use.
When I apply an action like INCREASE QUALITY LEVEL, I expect the quality to change AND then proceed to the next state.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 02:05:39 PM by megmaltese »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 01:42:47 AM »
Hi,
i will check the actions tonight (going to work now)
i think they might not have a finish in their script.