playMaker

Author Topic: Moving my project from Mac to PC.... home from the holidays  (Read 3450 times)

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
Moving my project from Mac to PC.... home from the holidays
« on: September 20, 2011, 10:37:55 AM »
Home from our holiday from the coast. It was amazing.. kids were awesome and we ate a ton of lobster..

Dropped my Mac off to be fixed while we were away.. they failed to contact me in any way and i forgot about it.. They were unable to reproduce the issue in 9 days................ i went in and showed them in 2 min.... So they are now actually working on it..

And i forgot to update my serials document so i only have my old serial for Unity and not my iOS one.. so patiently waiting on support to get back to me.

If anyone gets this far in my message.. i know i am rambling.. I assume i can fully edit my Mac project here on my PC? No extra steps? Hmmm i was planning on installing all my extra stuff from the Unity Store but do i need to? I mean are all the files just in my project folder?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Moving my project from Mac to PC.... home from the holidays
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 01:03:01 AM »
Hi,

Well, we do have some issues when moving a project from mac to pc. It seems it looses some referencing sometimes. For example the client is using .max files. While works well form pc to mac, going back to pc, you loose some stuff related to the mac files ( like animations).

If you experience this, try different methods of transfert ( zip, straight copy, etc).

Bye,

Jean

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
Re: Moving my project from Mac to PC.... home from the holidays
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 10:49:13 AM »
Thanks.. Just got my code this morning so i will try.. Not a huge project so i may not notice anything maybe..

Q