playMaker

Author Topic: Action delimiter or spacer?  (Read 4340 times)

wyliam

• Playmaker Newbie
Action delimiter or spacer?
« on: September 28, 2011, 12:40:42 PM »
I currently use an empty action called "delimiter" with a bunch of dashes to divide my groupings of actions in a single state. Of course I could break them into their own states, but in some cases it makes it easier to review/compare the sets of actions.

It'd be nice to put in a purely visual spacer or line between actions (like IE lets you put vertical lines between your bookmarks, where you see fit).

Just a thought.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Action delimiter or spacer?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 02:04:42 PM »
Hi,

That would be nice yes actually.

But don't hesitate to break it up into several states. You can better comment using the state comment area. I don't see anything wrong in doing so even if several states covers a single "feature" in your mind. Since you can't have local variable storage within a state ( variables are for a given fsm or global), I don't think you loose any performances by sending one or two event sin between the series of step you want.

also, the great advantage is flexibility then, because if you have to slightly alter that feature as it gets more complex or something new came up, having divided each tasks will likely make your job easier to adjust that process.

Bye,

Jean