playMaker

Author Topic: InControl Custom Actions  (Read 21283 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
InControl Custom Actions
« on: July 07, 2014, 09:44:55 AM »
Hi,

Please find some custom actions to work with InControl. Prefer the "device" based actions, as the "player" based actions are using a layer of abstraction to reference device per player. It's still in progress especially around the device assignment so for less trouble initially go for the "device" based actions

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?pg=pgWiki&command=view&ixWikiPage=1183

Bye,

Jean

Katori

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: InControl Custom Actions
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 10:30:57 PM »
Hi Jean,

Thanks a lot for writing these, InControl is a very neat software. Have you had the time to update these lately? These scripts are incompatible with the current version of Unity, specifically, your InControlManager.cs throws several errors. I have attached a screenshot of them. It would definitely be nice to get these working again, although connecting InControl and PlayMaker via a script-based input manager doesn't seem too hard right now. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 10:33:32 PM by Katori »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 07:42:11 AM »
Hi,

ok, I'll have a look this week, can you bump me towards the end of the week if I haven't pushed a new version? check the rss feed for news on this.

Bye,

Jean

jaybury

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 09:19:29 AM »
Hey - I just got PlayMaker last week and instantly had the same problems trying to use the incontrol custom actions.

Do you know when (or even if) this is likely to be fixed? I wanted to get PlayMaker working with my other addons but I can't do anything with InControl right now :)

I emailed the info email address for PlayMaker on 17th September but didn't get a reply as of yet

Katori

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 09:33:09 AM »
Hey - I just got PlayMaker last week and instantly had the same problems trying to use the incontrol custom actions.

Do you know when (or even if) this is likely to be fixed? I wanted to get PlayMaker working with my other addons but I can't do anything with InControl right now :)

I emailed the info email address for PlayMaker on 17th September but didn't get a reply as of yet
I'm sure Jean is working on them, in the mean time I've made two actions, one for getting a button press and one for a button release. I'll post them here sometime today. I could probably make a few more, but I'll start with what I have.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 01:46:29 AM »
Hi,

I made an update.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1183

sorry, didn't make an rss entry, I think I am dropping the rss, it's not convenient and automated enough, and doesn't have enough traction... not sure what's the best way to reach playmaker user to mention all this work, any idea?

Bye,

Jean

chrisnathan1983

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 08:28:30 PM »
I noticed that the action "Get In Control Device Input Button Down" will not be executed. I've found that if I attach a "Get Mouse Button Down" in the same state, then use the mouse button, the InControl button will start working. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or something unusual on my end.
Any ideas?
Just for reference, I'm using a 360 controller, my device index is -1, tried multiple axis.
EDIT: When I set the device index to 1, it works. I'm curious why -1 (active device) doesn't work.
EDIT 2: By editing the "Get In Control Device Input Button Down" script, copying the following to the OnUpdate() function, it works when the device index is -1.

if (deviceIndex.Value == -1)
            {
                _inputDevice = InputManager.ActiveDevice;
            }
            else
            {
                _inputDevice = InputManager.Devices[deviceIndex.Value];
            }
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 08:42:48 PM by chrisnathan1983 »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 02:00:15 AM »
Hi,

that's odd indeed. Maybe  you need to shake the system on start so that the device is detected indeed. Are you windows?

Bye,

Jean

chrisnathan1983

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 02:24:12 AM »
Yes, I am on Windows.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 02:56:37 AM »
Hi,

Then I think it's a typical issue with bad recognition from windows itself. Could you double check with the author, he will have more experience to pin point if indeed you can't do much about it without forcing the system a bit.

Bye,

Jean

sebaslive

• Frame Tale Studios
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 11:50:29 AM »
Hey Jean, I need some help with the changes in the API. The creator changed it from LeftStickX to LeftStickUp, and now leftStickUp and LeftStickDown get the positive axis from each direction... I need it like a regular GetAxis where it would get the + and the - numbers for it... I would really appreciate this!
All my VR games use Steam VR Playmaker Toolkit: http://u3d.as/u20
And Oculus Touch Playmaker Toolkit: http://u3d.as/QT5

Follow me @sebasRez

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 04:37:48 AM »
Hi,

It's odd, I just got the latest from inControl rep and it's not like you said. Can you confirm? everything is as normal as far as I can see.

Bye,

Jean

aceofclubs

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 08:55:42 PM »
I can confirm the latest from the unity asset store does not contain a definition for leftstick X

it instead has leftstick up and left stick down, Left stick right and left.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2015, 01:27:04 AM »
Hi,

Ok, I don't own the asset store version, but instead I use the free github repository available on the github author account. I'll get in touch with him to see why there is a difference.

Bye,

Jean

aceofclubs

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2015, 09:18:44 PM »
Ahh that is the reason,  The github version is no longer being updated. 

"And so, after some deliberation, I'm announcing that the open source version (which roughly corresponds to version 1.4.4) will now be put into a frozen, basic maintenance-only mode. The repository will stay where it is, and I'll continue to try keeping it compatible with Unity 4 and 5, but it will get no new features or significant changes. I hope that it can continue to be helpful in game jams and prototyping, and so I intend to keep it alive as long as is reasonably possible, but it will inevitably begin to age."

http://www.gallantgames.com/posts/30/incontrol-state-of-the-asset

Thanks for your work