playMaker

Author Topic: Vector Logo animation done entirely with Playmaker + RageTools  (Read 8609 times)

MaDDoX

• 1.2 Beta
    • FluidPlay Studios
Vector Logo animation done entirely with Playmaker + RageTools
« on: October 13, 2011, 12:27:03 AM »
Hey guys, the RageTools logo animation was done entirely with PlayMaker and RageTools, and I did a fast-motion video showcasing the graphs used with iTween actions, etc. You can see it after 7:30 in this video:

The result is shown full-screen right at the begin of the video. It was really cool making this kind of animation in a 100% visual and intuitive way (not to mention without using bitmaps at all heh), to be honest making this in After Effects would be sensibly harder :)

If you're curious, here's the page link, links to the Asset Store, homepage etc are all in there.
--
Breno "MaDDoX" Azevedo
@brenoazevedo

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Vector Logo animation done entirely with Playmaker + RageTools
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 09:16:42 AM »
Looks great! Congratulations on the release of RageTools - it looks awesome!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 01:15:10 AM »
Excellent!!

Bye,

Jean

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 11:09:36 AM »
This isnt really the proper place but i was not sure what would be.....

Rage Tools looks awesome!! If i can figure out how it will help me i think i will purchase for sure.

I am looking for a solution to create some Logo transition animation.. Like when you see a logo break up into blocks or squares and flies around and then disappears or comes in like that.. Like Card Flip in Adobe Illustrator or the TrapCode particle effects you see.. like a logo or picture blowing away into sand..

I can picture a grid of rectangles with a single image mapped onto them and then using particle type controllers to move them around.. Not sure if Rage Tools fits into that at all?

Or if someone has a good idea on how to do that somehow.

MaDDoX

• 1.2 Beta
    • FluidPlay Studios
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 09:12:40 PM »
Thanks for the kind words everyone, me and my mates have been working hard to make it ever better, can't wait to show you what we've been cooking up for the next release :)

Rage Tools looks awesome!! If i can figure out how it will help me i think i will purchase for sure.
Then let me try to help you :D heh

I am looking for a solution to create some Logo transition animation.. Like when you see a logo break up into blocks or squares and flies around and then disappears or comes in like that.. Like Card Flip in Adobe Illustrator or the TrapCode particle effects you see.. like a logo or picture blowing away into sand.. I can picture a grid of rectangles with a single image mapped onto them and then using particle type controllers to move them around.. Not sure if Rage Tools fits into that at all?
For such an animation you don't even need the forthcoming "RageTools Pro" version, standard RageTools will do just fine! You'd simply slice your art (in your vector editor*) in as many pieces as you want, then import it to Unity using SVG-In. After that you'd toggle on the physics options** on the RageGroup component to automatically create the rigidbodys and colliders for all your parts. After that it'd be a simple case of applying PlayMaker physics/explosion action to the center of the object. Add a ground plane, etc, for nice bounces and you'll be all set :) When/If I get some free time I'll cook up a video showcasing it, it'd be a good display of RageTools potential *and* ultra-fun to make :D

*Illustrator or Inkscape directly supported yet most others which export to SVG will work too
**The RageGroup physics options are already in beta, will be available in the public Asset Store version next week
--
Breno "MaDDoX" Azevedo
@brenoazevedo

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 10:57:49 AM »
Cool thanks.. I think it would be a cool demo.

Q