playMaker

Author Topic: Job forum  (Read 6545 times)

blackant

• http://blackantmaster.com
    • blackantmaster.com
Job forum
« on: August 06, 2014, 12:36:50 PM »
i'm actually in my team totally dedicated to playmaker...
i'm also the lead artist, so it's less time for art and more for programming.

maybe i'm not the only one in this case, and our game is an ambitious project so we may need help and would like to recruit people to work with us.

so i'm suggesting to open a forum for application and job offers !  :D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Job forum
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 05:18:05 AM »
Hi,

I would welcome that too, but it's very dangerous:

I think this section should be very clean for its content, like it "must" always be about job offers with real money. I for example don't really like job offers promising royalties when money will come... that to me is a signal of high risk and trouble. So typically, if there is such section to be created by Alex, it should be very carefully monitored so that the job offers are real, it's like a bad comment, if on this section there is one post obviously not serious and people complain, the section looses instantly all credibility and worse this lack of credibility will be associated unconsciously to PlayMaker, and that would be very bad.

This went very bad on in Unity Forum few years ago and created a lot of issues an conflicts within the Unity community and against Unity people themselves. It has to be dealt in a better way here to avoid hurting this great and growing community we have here.

That's of course just my opinion :) I think a job offer section ( and even a section where you mention you are looking for work), makes more and more sense as the community is growing in numbers and quality. Check the forum stats, they are mad.

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?action=stats

I joined this forum when there was 32 people ( my id is 33!) now we are almost 7000 and 200+ consistent daily connected members! There is a huge pool of incredible talents and experts mixed with motivated beginners and entrepreneurs, so yes, this should be the right time (again, only if job offers are genuine, not just "I need help, but I don't have money yet...")

Tip: when I need someone, I "shop" myself and don't really advertise, it's always easier to contact people in private saying you like her/his work and want to work with that person, then an open job offer where you'll have to make difficult choices or compromise, and give all applicants but one deceptions. Go to the work in progress section, and browse around, you will find talents and you have good chances that they are freelancers. Maybe people should put in their profiles whether they are looking for work or not, then it would be easy for people to browser for available talents.

Bye,

Jean

blackant

• http://blackantmaster.com
    • blackantmaster.com
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 05:06:41 PM »
yeah i agrea with this point , jobs must be real.

i have now a stronger experience with playmaker and our game will be provided for psvita exclusivity, then released on WiiU, Steam, Xbox...
our boss is mad and did it !!

and well, by chance, working with playmaker was not intentionnal, but it's so fast and easy to modify so that can completly replace programmers, and more, and skilled programmer can use playmaker and create more and more stronger games !
so why not opening it as a professionnal skill ??
we are recruting talented "playmakerists" people

yeah ! 8)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 07:12:45 AM »
Hi,

Indeed, I hope you'll get applications! not many projects can claim psvita, WiiU and Xbox reach!

Good luck with this, and keep us posted on your progress if you are allowed. It's posts like this that gives more and more credibility to PlayMaker as far what it can do for advanced projects.

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 07:15:02 AM »
Hi,

one more thing, why not for a start put in your post title [JOB] and then get back to me on how much applications you got and how it went, Alex may then be willing to explore using this forum as a job board.

Or, maybe you know a nice job website where we can host a "PlayMaker category", which we would then always ping back here with a regular post, which may mean a lot more credibility to the job description, as well as reaching way beyond the PlayMaker forum.

Bye,

Jean