playMaker

Author Topic: UnityAds  (Read 39262 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: UnityAds
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2015, 04:42:22 AM »
Hi,

I think because it has to be setup properly on the unity side for your project. I Would contact Unity ads team to get a proper explaination of zone and gamers id to know what they and how to work with them.

Bye,

Jean

dougbello

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2015, 04:45:28 PM »
Jean, your new actions work with the sdk as well or just with the new dashboard for unity ads?

I can see many users having problems with the new sdk internal: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-ads-crashing-ios-in-5-2.354405/

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/issues-in-migrating-to-5-2.353849/

http://forum.unity3d.com/forums/unity-ads.67/

Should I try importing the sdk or your solution just works for the services tab?

Thanks,
Doug.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2015, 01:21:19 AM »
Hi,

This solution works with the service based Advertisment system, not the sdk you have to manually install. For this you can use the old set of actions I presume.

Bye,

Jean

MUX

• Playmaker Newbie
    • @stefstivala
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2015, 01:41:10 AM »
Hi,

This solution works with the service based Advertisment system, not the sdk you have to manually install. For this you can use the old set of actions I presume.

Bye,

Jean

confirming what Jean said & recommended, i have reverted to the older actions & asset store SDK till 5.2.1 is bit more stable.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2015, 02:06:09 AM »
Hi,

I'll make a note on this, what a mess...

Bye,

Jean

szomaza

« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2015, 04:57:39 AM »
Hi All,

I am having quite a trouble setting up Unity Ads again in Unity 5.2.1f1.
Previously I managed to get it to work in Unity 4.6 with the Unity Ads SKD from Asset Store and the original Playmaker actions.
Now with the Unity Services way of doing things and the new actions from Ecosystem I am not sure where the Game ID or Placement ID goes and how to set this up?

Do we not need to initialize and precache the ads anymore?
Where do I find some documentation for the new actions?

Thanks in advance,
szomaza

dougbello

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2015, 03:36:34 PM »
Hi szomaza,

Same as you, I lost  a lot of time trying to make things work again...

Now its kind of working... I can see the ads working, what i had to do is to delete and make a new ad game in unity dashboard online, then copy the number of the game inside the unity services tab.

With Jean new actions it works, the play and reward work, but the skip and the others doesn't show anything for me...

(anyway you will see them just when you run on iOS after xcode).

1. the game id goes inside the services tab on unity
2. you don't need to pre cache, unity does that for you

Yes some more documentation on the new playmaker actions would be awesome too!!

basically, once you manage to put your game on the unity network, using services tab and the unity dashboard for ads, the actions start to work.

Besides when there is a problem, this i could not manage to see working on my device or in unity. I can not see my message of no ads, when the ads doesn't show or encounter any problem.

If someone have more info, please share.
Thanks,
Doug.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 03:38:52 PM by dougbello »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2015, 08:34:14 AM »
Hi,

Indeed this situation with Unity ads is messy. Unfortunatly, Unity has changed many times the setup system and now the web is polluted with obsolete information.

Please follow the procedure from the new "Services" inspector ( accessible from the cloud button or the window menu)

you will find this link
http://unityads.unity3d.com/help/Documentation%20for%20Publishers/GettingStarted

which stipulate 5.2 changed things around, so the old way is for 5.1, and this package I just did is for 5.2

Bye,

Jean