playMaker

Author Topic: "Move Towards" action issue  (Read 3819 times)

JollyMan

• Playmaker Newbie
"Move Towards" action issue
« on: October 13, 2014, 08:28:19 PM »
Hi there,
I have come across one of my first playmaker problems. I added a playmaker fsm to my enemy prefab and added the move toward action. I set it to move towards my player prefab. I then dragged my player prefab into the scene. I also added the smooth look action to the enemy. To my surprise the enemy doesn't even move to the correct position and it won't continue to follow the player. For both of the actions, the enemy doesn't keep updated so it can "chase" the player. The problem is if I don't use the prefabs for the enemy or the players than I can't spawn the enemies for a wave. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 08:46:52 PM by JollyMan »

HanibalDM

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: "Move Towards" action issue
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 11:38:01 AM »
Same problem but my game is 2d - I spawn a character that follows the player - but in my branch of actions - all stops at Move Towards(though characters moves to the player original position and does not update to the current one) - haven't figured out what to do.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: "Move Towards" action issue
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 01:00:08 AM »
Hi,.

moveTowards has a "finish distance", you need to put it to 0 if you want the action to always follow even if at some point it reaches the target.

Bye,

Jean