playMaker

Author Topic: Updated Wiki Docs  (Read 6837 times)

sP0CkEr

• Playmaker Newbie
Updated Wiki Docs
« on: April 08, 2011, 04:14:24 PM »
I know you guys are really busy making magic, but any chance that there will be an update to the Wiki docs soon?

Thanks.

Pleasuremaker

Re: Updated Wiki Docs
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 04:19:13 PM »
We need a community manager!!! lol
Specially someone to build docs for us...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 07:19:25 AM »
Yes, api documentation for medium advance use is a bit thin. It's very important for a product to be succesful and used properly.

Maybe open the wiki to the one interested in documenting features and the api.

Bye,

Jean

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 03:43:58 AM »
Will hopefully get the wiki back up to date this week!

Will also look into opening up the wiki a bit more. In the meantime, we might add API Help and Custom Actions Help sections to the forum. Right now the API and custom action topics are lumped in with more general playmaker usage questions...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 04:40:36 AM »
Hi Alex,

Yes, I can appreciate that things need to be prioritized. My concern is that being already in real production mode with playmaker, I feel unsettled about some of the design decision I make in order to progress especially regards communication with scripts back and forth. this is simply because of the lack of reference and documentation, so it's intuitive/guess that drives me currently with trials/errors ( which is the best/hard way to learn tho). Some wise words on medium/advanced topics from the development team would certainly be welcome sooner than later.

Bye,

Jean

denkiva

• Administrator
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 06:27:15 PM »
I know you guys are really busy making magic, but any chance that there will be an update to the Wiki docs soon?

Thanks.

We are in the process of updating the action references for 1.1 and we've just launched the Community Wiki. I posted details on joining in the Announcements section  :D

MaDDoX

• 1.2 Beta
    • FluidPlay Studios
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 01:47:22 PM »
BTW, I've added a new section to the Community Wiki with relevant questions which were posted in the Unity forum and the corresponding answers from Alex. I had it compiled for my own reference and found it could be of use for some newcomers, hope you guys like it.
--
Breno "MaDDoX" Azevedo
@brenoazevedo