playMaker

Poll

Is it ok to remove the old asset pack for Unity 4 from Asset Store?

- Yes - Will use updated Unity 5 version only
36 (87.8%)
- No - Keep the old Unity 4.3 version asset (not updated)
5 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Car Setup for PlayMaker [Asset]  (Read 126203 times)

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
Re: Car Setup for PlayMaker [Asset]
« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2016, 07:47:50 AM »
hi,

I was going to purchase this asset but have few questions ........

- Like can it be used to build a racing game ....
- Would touch controls work Like with Easy Touch Asset
- Would it be possible to control the speed of car in game or while racing or completely automated ?

Was thinking to build a simple racing game with your asset using playmaker so could you please help me answer the above queries as that would help me moving ahead with my gaming project .....

hope to get a reply soon .

Regards,
Mike

Hello,

- Yes you can make a racing game with this, there are a race mode with AI as an example to get you started.
Check out demos for a preview:
- There are touch controls included. I don’t have the Easy Touch Asset so I can not comment how to use it with this asset. Perhaps not needed and can go with the included touch system.

- Yes you can change transmissions, power and max speed in game for each vehicle.

miketolsa

• Playmaker Newbie
  • Just love playmaker !!!
    • 4Buffs Productions
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2016, 03:14:41 AM »
I have downloaded both pc & android version thought both are working smooth but some how the car controls are not that smooth ..... like while the car is running at high speed if we take a turn using hand break then car stops while taking the turn .... so thats really annoying why is that happening ? as if a car stops while taking a turn in race then it would be impossible for a play to win in a race ?

so could you tell me is there any way possible to make the control of car smooth like in asphalt 8 or asphalt nitro ???

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2016, 03:36:31 AM »
Demos are with my settings how I find them convenient, you can adjust all parts for the controller for your requirements: power, wheel friction, brake/handbrake values, steering and so on. There are different settings for various games, Asphalt looks more arcade style, so you can adjust values to make it feel like that.

Malpraktice

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2016, 10:37:04 AM »
Hey there! Great asset with Car Setup!

I'm having 1 main issue though (sorry, new to this forum and not sure where to post).

I've also purchased the SimpleTown and SimplePeople assets and the ModularTraffic asset. I'm trying to get the demo of SimpleTraffic working (the Car Setup scene) and all of the roads are missing? It says "missing prefab"?

I guess I could just snap in some road assest from the SimpleTown asset? Or would I use the road assets from the ModularTraffic? And why are the roads missing? :)

Thanks for the advice!

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2016, 10:57:37 AM »

I'm having 1 main issue though (sorry, new to this forum and not sure where to post).

I've also purchased the SimpleTown and SimplePeople assets and the ModularTraffic asset. I'm trying to get the demo of SimpleTraffic working (the Car Setup scene) and all of the roads are missing? It says "missing prefab"?

I guess I could just snap in some road assest from the SimpleTown asset? Or would I use the road assets from the ModularTraffic? And why are the roads missing? :)

Thanks for the advice!
Hi,

Thank you for the purchase!

Here are how to import all together:

1. Import and install the Playmaker
2. Modular Traffic
3. Car Setup
4. Simple Town + People
5. in the Modular Traffic asset there will be SimpleTraffic.zip, place the zip somewhere and unzip, then Import the package, there will be prefabs and demo scene prepared.

Let me know how it goes, also you can contact me on support@pamani.net

Malpraktice

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2016, 12:21:03 PM »
Thank-you kindly for the advice! This is the furthest I've come to getting that particular scene working.

So basically, I have the "SimpleTrafficDemo" scene working but it's giving me the top-down view with only the option to add cars and pedestrians. When I play the standalone version, it actually allows me to select a vehicle and race around the SimpleTown with SimplePeople all walking around.

Is there a scene in this demo package that combines all 3 assets just like in the standalone example?

Thank-you again so much for the help. I'm very new with Unity.

Thanks for the advice!
Hi,

Thank you for the purchase!

Here are how to import all together:

1. Import and install the Playmaker
2. Modular Traffic
3. Car Setup
4. Simple Town + People
5. in the Modular Traffic asset there will be SimpleTraffic.zip, place the zip somewhere and unzip, then Import the package, there will be prefabs and demo scene prepared.

Let me know how it goes, also you can contact me on support@pamani.net

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2016, 01:13:42 PM »
So I did a fresh import of my own steps  :D and turns out that scene you want gets overwritten when SimpleTraffic zip is imported, so to fix it - go to CarSetup folder 02_Scenes and delete "SimpleTrafficDemo" scene and its Folder. Then import Car Setup again - it will let you import just that missing scene with its folder.

What Unity are you using, in Unity 5.4 I get 1 weird error on Simple Town mesh, to avoid it disable its collider for now.

Malpraktice

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2016, 02:20:42 PM »
Thank-you so much!! Worked like a charm! I'm using the newest version of Unity too and getting the same error message you did about the mesh collider so I just disabled like you mentioned and all is well :)

So greatly appreacited, wonderful project you've built up. I hope you keep growing it too :)

So I did a fresh import of my own steps  :D and turns out that scene you want gets overwritten when SimpleTraffic zip is imported, so to fix it - go to CarSetup folder 02_Scenes and delete "SimpleTrafficDemo" scene and its Folder. Then import Car Setup again - it will let you import just that missing scene with its folder.

What Unity are you using, in Unity 5.4 I get 1 weird error on Simple Town mesh, to avoid it disable its collider for now.

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2016, 03:07:57 PM »
Thanks and drive safe!

Later replace that collider with other so no one falls off the map.

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2016, 01:45:54 PM »
50% SALE
$14.50 (regular price $29)
Link to the Asset Store

Will submit the regular price back in September 23rd.

Drive safe!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 10:26:41 AM by 600 »

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
Re: ///50% SALE/// Car Setup for PlayMaker [Asset]
« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2016, 11:08:13 AM »
^ about 3 days left! ;D

Parapsycho

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: /// 50% SALE /// Car Setup for PlayMaker [Asset]
« Reply #131 on: September 22, 2016, 10:38:17 AM »
That's an awesome deal. I bought it at $29 and still feel it's totally worth it.

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
Re: /// 50% SALE /// Car Setup for PlayMaker [Asset]
« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2016, 11:17:06 AM »
That's an awesome deal. I bought it at $29 and still feel it's totally worth it.
Hey thanks a lot!
I’m happy that you like and find it useful!

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #133 on: September 23, 2016, 09:55:48 AM »
Submitted the original price.
The discount is still available while Unity reviews the change!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 06:00:11 AM by 600 »

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2016, 06:00:50 AM »
From now on, having Modular Traffic you can upgrade to Car Setup for Playmaker with 30% discount!

« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 10:27:06 AM by 600 »