playMaker

Author Topic: How to Share Playmaker Projects  (Read 57151 times)

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
How to Share Playmaker Projects
« on: February 04, 2015, 12:04:04 PM »
When sharing Playmaker projects please be careful not to include Playmaker dlls.

Exporting a Unitypackage:

In the unitypackage dialog, please uncheck:
Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMaker.dll
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/PlayMakerEditor.dll

Also uncheck the Assets/PlayMaker/Versions folder if it's there.

On the other end, users will need to import PlayMaker before importing the exported project.

Preview Version:

Playmaker ships with a Preview version that lets you view and run FSMs but not edit them. This is useful if you want to share a working project with someone who doesn't own Playmaker.

To install the preview version import:
Assets/PlayMaker/Versions/PlayMakerPreview.unitypackage

Then DELETE the Assets/PlayMaker/Versions folder before sharing the project. This is necessary since the Versions folder contains default versions of the dlls.

Bug Reports

Projects submitted to Fogbugz or uploaded with a private download link can include Playmaker dlls.
Projects shared on the forum or with public download links should NOT include Playmaker dlls!

We hope to include tools to streamline this process soon...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 12:51:34 PM by Alex Chouls »

@_rgkd

• Playmaker Newbie
    • @_rgkd on Twitter
Re: How to Share Playmaker Projects
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 03:21:37 PM »
Thanks so much for this, exactly the explanation I needed. I knew it was possible, I just didn't want to accidentally export the full version of playMaker attempting to figure it out myself.

nemirc

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 11:39:24 PM »
Hello, I was going to start a thread to ask this question but I decided to reply here in case anyone else has the same question.

If I want to share my playmaker controller with other people (who don't have playmaker), I need to include ONLY my stuff or should I also include the playmaker folder (in "assets") BUT exclude the playmaker dlls and the versions (as explained on the original thread), but I should also include the preview version so those who don't have playmaker can still use the FSM?

I just want to make sure I export what I'm supposed to export, but don't include what I'm not supposed to include.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 01:38:03 AM »
Hi,

On Unity 4.x you do the following:

1 From the versions folder you install the PlayMaker Preview.
2 Verify that you can't edit the fsms anymore
3 REMOVE the Versions folder
4 Share project.

On Unity 5.x haven't done it myself, let me test and I'll got back to you

Typically, if you want to share an ongoing development, you should create a github or bitbucket private repository, and ignore the PlayMaker folder altogether, then you can switch the PlayMaker to preview and package this so that the person can simply install that preview once, then you can keep working as usual on both side without worrying about the preview setup everytime you have something new to share

Bye,

Jean

nemirc

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 12:27:48 AM »
Hi, another question. What if I wanted to distribute my project in the Asset Store? I can't find a link to the Preview version anywhere, so I don't know if I should distribute the Preview version with my project and make it clear they can only modify my project if they have the full version of PM, or flat out making it available just to PM owners?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 01:22:07 AM »
Hi,

I suspect the preview version is meant to be used this way. I think it's better than a package that will produce errors because PM needs to be installed.

You can pm me with your final package before submitting, and I'll double check if you want.

In all cases, you should mention it loud and clear so that you don't get bad reviews of people who did not expect having to buy PM on top of your asset.

Good luck with this!

Bye,

Jean

SPACE GAMER

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 08:31:12 PM »
1.Does this work with a Unity collab project?
2. Will it effect the project if anyone else try's to build on the other end?
3.If the project is already started without playmaker should it effect anything if I add it at a later point in the project if I follow the first steps mentioned earlier?
4.and last but not least this might be a repeated question but can other people edit other things in the project if I add it to an existing project?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 08:40:50 PM by SPACE GAMER »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 04:54:52 AM »
Hi,

- Unity collab will require every developer to have a PlayMaker license, since you won't be able to rule out the playmaker folder.
- Yes it will affect anyone trying to build, since you need PlayMaker installed to build.
- Projects opened in Unity to work with must be fully operational, this means PlayMaker is required to do anything within Unity with that project (else it will throw errors, and Unity doesn't allow scene to play if there are errors).

Bye,

Jean

Tetriser

• Playmaker Newbie
    • SONAR Games
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 09:10:23 PM »
Hi,

I have a project that I developed with PlayMaker. And I want to share it with other developers publicly.
I've followed the instructions on the OP, but there's no PlayMaker.dll in "Assets\PlayMaker", so I just removed the PlayMakerEditor.dll in "Assets\PlayMaker\Editor".

Just one question, how about the "Assets\PlayMaker\Install" folder, should I remove that?  ???

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 04:59:35 AM »
Hi,

yes.

basically, everything has to go but the PlaymakerGlobal asset you'll find in "Plugins/PlayMaker/Resources" IF you have globals.

else the PlayMaker folder and all PlayMaker relate files inside plugins folder has to be deleted.

watch out as well if you use templates, their default project folder is inside PlayMaker/.

Bye,

Jean

transparenthands

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Transparent Hands
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 07:26:54 AM »
Thanks for sharing great information its really help me
Our mission is to save the lives of those people who are in dire need of surgeries but do not go for it due to their financial constraints.
 http://www.transparenthands.org/

Mahi

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 05:51:47 AM »
Hello, I have quite good experience with playmaker. I thought of an alternate solution for sharing projects with other users in preview mode(only viewable fsm content). Once the base project is set with preview mode, I exported the playmaker, gizmos, iTween and plugins folders as a unity package(i.e playmaker preview package). So any user can download this package and content package to work in their own project environments. Users get to see only preview mode and I have tested thoroughly. Can this solution violate your license?

Excuse for typos/grammar

Thanks,
Mahi

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 02:51:31 PM »
Hi,

can you send me such a package, I'll check it out and tell you if everything is ok.

Bye,

Jean

unearthly

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 08:20:42 PM »
Hi, I was wondering about the reasons why people share projects? And whether I could I send someone a test scene, to see where I have bugs and how my Playmaker FSM's could better made?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2017, 10:25:19 PM »
Hi,
People Share their project for various reasons.
For example when multiple people work on a project, for tutorial samples, for trouble shooting,... :)

You can make a post on the help section and explain your problem (best is to add some pictures or videos) and if needed you can place a link to your project there.
Btw if there are other paid 3rd party assets.
You are probably also not allowed to share them.