playMaker

Author Topic: Noah's Bunny Problem  (Read 8550 times)

joel.carlson

• Junior Playmaker
    • Salvation's Story
Noah's Bunny Problem
« on: February 16, 2015, 12:14:19 PM »
Hey there, guys! Just slaving away on my next game, "Noah's Bunny Problem".

The bunnies have broken free of their pen, and made their way to the deck of the ark. Now it's up to Noah to keep them from falling off the ledge and stop them from making more bunnies! It's a mix of pong and a bunny making simulator. ;)

Edit: Here's the trailer!!!!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 06:17:01 PM by joel.carlson »
Check out Noah's Elephant in the Room, Bible ABCs for Kids, Bible Coloring for Kids, and Noah's Bunny Problem at
Salvations Story

joel.carlson

• Junior Playmaker
    • Salvation's Story
Re: Noah's Bunny Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 01:09:20 PM »
Check out Noah's Elephant in the Room, Bible ABCs for Kids, Bible Coloring for Kids, and Noah's Bunny Problem at
Salvations Story

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 10:34:39 PM »
Very cool looking game! Just wondering what would happen if the player does nothing? Would the screen full up with bunnies? Or are they more suicidal than horny?

joel.carlson

• Junior Playmaker
    • Salvation's Story
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 12:12:32 AM »
Ha, thanks.

If the player gives no input, the bunnies will aimlessly hop off the lower edge of the ark. Once all four life preservers are used, then the game is over. Of course, if they bounce into another bunny on their way, then they'll create another bunny.

I'd say a bunny is equal parts 'aimlessly hopping' and uh... 'procreation inclined'.  ;D
Salvations Story

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 12:46:58 AM »
Tuning will be very interesting, the act of procreating could make it easier as less bunnies are aimlessly hopping. Also you wouldn't want to get to a point where the screen fills up with bunnies.

joel.carlson

• Junior Playmaker
    • Salvation's Story
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 04:07:24 PM »
Yeah, I suppose the one strategy I foresee occurring would be for the player to let 3 bunnies immediately fall into the water, then have two bunnies to manage. To counter this, I have the bunny's speed multiply by 1.1 every 4 seconds. So after 2 minutes of a bunny staying alive, it's moving extremely fast. The most I've been able to play before dying was around 2 minutes and 30 seconds, which I think is the right amount of time for a game like this.
Salvations Story

joel.carlson

• Junior Playmaker
    • Salvation's Story
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 04:31:09 PM »
Just finished the logo! Things are progressing....
Salvations Story

joel.carlson

• Junior Playmaker
    • Salvation's Story
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 06:15:11 PM »
Hey there, guys! I've finally been able to finish Noah's Bunny Problem! Woohoo! This game was done 100% in Playmaker. Here is the trailer, hot off the presses!

« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 06:17:17 PM by joel.carlson »
Salvations Story

joel.carlson

• Junior Playmaker
    • Salvation's Story
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 02:56:18 PM »
Woohoo! Noah's Bunny Problem is ready for launch this Friday! :D
Salvations Story

joel.carlson

• Junior Playmaker
    • Salvation's Story
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 11:06:20 AM »
I ran into a little bug with this one and had to resubmit. Hopefully it'll be out this weekend!

Salvations Story

joel.carlson

• Junior Playmaker
    • Salvation's Story
Salvations Story