playMaker

Author Topic: ArrayMaker Tutorials  (Read 4250 times)

richardh

• Junior Playmaker
ArrayMaker Tutorials
« on: February 19, 2015, 07:58:07 AM »
Are there any tutorials for using ArrayMaker? I haven't a clue what it does and how it might help me during project creation. I've read the wiki and search youtube but there aren't any tutorials that I can see. If I could see some examples/tuts then I might be able to decide if it might be useful to me (and If it might have been useful to me in the past).

ta

p.s there is one YouTube tut on using it to swap textures but I only watch 1 min as it confused me and I couldn't really understand the chap talking.

Splankton

Re: ArrayMaker Tutorials
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 11:16:42 AM »
Have you studied the examples that come with arraymaker?

richardh

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 01:00:26 PM »
I've not downloaded ArrayMaker or the examples as I don't know what the package does. I wanted to look at a few tutorials/YouTube videos so i can decide if it's something I could use.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 01:29:44 PM »
Hi,

yeah, sorry. I am now ( I wasn't so much before...) motivated to do a series of videos on ArrayMaker, but I must wait now for 1.8 to come out as it will have many things changed and doing videos now would mean they will get obsolete to quick.

It never hurts to create an empty project, import PlayMaker, ArrayMaker and its samples. If you are doing medium/advanced projects, it's 99% sure you'll need ArrayMaker to be more effective at creating your logic and handling data.

Bye,

Jean

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 02:28:22 PM »
Hi,

yeah, sorry. I am now ( I wasn't so much before...) motivated to do a series of videos on ArrayMaker, but I must wait now for 1.8 to come out as it will have many things changed and doing videos now would mean they will get obsolete to quick.

It never hurts to create an empty project, import PlayMaker, ArrayMaker and its samples. If you are doing medium/advanced projects, it's 99% sure you'll need ArrayMaker to be more effective at creating your logic and handling data.

Bye,

Jean

Would you say ArrayMaker is intended for example randomly generating different types of actions?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 01:32:56 AM »
Hi,

nop, ArrayMaker doesn't generate any scripts or actions, it's only a way to maintain lists and properties that becomes easily accessible within PlayMaker.

what you can do is using ArrayMaker to host different prefabs and based on logic implement in your fsm, get a random prefab in a an arrayMaker list and that could mean spawning random enemies or random behaviour.

So indeed arrayMaker can be sued to change the behaviour of your game.

Please be patient, because PlayMaker 1.8 ( the next release) will come with its own array system, which means that many many features of ArrayMaker will now become built in PlayMaker.

Bye,

Jean

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 02:22:12 AM »
Well in that case, are there other example projects or youtube videos covering this? Or just the default example project from almost a year ago?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 03:55:09 AM »
Hi,

I don't think there are videos no, not that I am aware of,

The examples are not obsolete, far from it, don't worry, they are still very valid, completely in line with what PlayMaker can do today, and mandatory to study in order to comprehend what's possible with ArrayMaker.

as soon as PlayMaker 1.8 goes out for the public, videos will demonstrate the new FsmArray, and the 2dPlatform Unity Learn done 100% in PlayMaker will be a support for this.

Bye,

Jean

Bye,

Jean

suppenhuhn

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 06:03:56 AM »
as soon as PlayMaker 1.8 goes out for the public, videos will demonstrate the new FsmArray

Apropos 1.8 - is there a roughly release date known? Please not too rough like: 2015 or so  :P

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 02:38:40 AM »
This century for sure ;D

1.8 has been delayed yes, this is unfortunate. Unity 5 being out, I don't really expect 1.8 to become available within the next month, but I strongly hope ( guess work), that it will become available within 2 or 3 month, not more, but that's a guess, I have no idea, and there is eta even in the beta list. It's pretty close I must admit, but the core changes are so important that I prefer 1.8 to be released when it will be solid, instead of released now or soon and giving a lot of frustration down the line.

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 08:47:36 AM »
Hi,

thanks to Sebastian Alvarez, you have now a youtube video playlist introducing ArrayMaker and how it works :)

Bye,

Jean