playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker & other Itween goodies  (Read 5966 times)

markinjapan

Playmaker & other Itween goodies
« on: February 12, 2012, 04:55:41 PM »
Hi,

Looking on the iTween website, there are some nice scripts on there (Accurate lob, path constrained characters, etc).

I was wondering if anyone had made any actions for these yet? I'd buy them all instantly if there were.

Thanks

Mark

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Playmaker & other Itween goodies
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 02:10:11 AM »
Hi,

You know, I think all the actions in playmaker are sufficient to achieve these examples, since anyway the examples provided by itween ( accurate lob for example), are likely simply using itween.

Have you purchased them examples and see how it's done? you'd simply have to reproduce the logic in playmaker, which most definitly is possible.

out of the blue, several options to do this accurate lob:

1: one itween to moveto a dummy from the source to the target in a straight line.
2: the ball is attached to this dummy, and an itween simply moves up and down from 0 to the height using the same duration

OR:

create a path based on: the source position, the target position, and half way position plus the height. then you have a path going from the source, travelling to the top of the curve, and down to the target, then onw itween to move the ball along the path.

bye,

Jean

markinjapan

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 01:29:37 PM »
Great I'll try that for doing the Accurate Lob but what about splines?

I'm making a top down shooting game and I want enemies to move in complex patterns (spirals, etc). I'd really like to just draw/modify a spline in Unity and then tell Playmaker to move something along that spline, doing certain things at certain points.

There's something in the Asset Store called Super Splines that looks perfect but I'm not sure if I can use Playmaker with it.

If not, I think some PM actions that users could use with Super Splines would be a very popular idea. Nearly every game I've ever worked on had 'moving something along a spline'.

Thanks

Mark

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 12:38:49 AM »
Hi,

ITween does support moving along a spline.

If you need support for SuperSplines ( I am not sure what actions can be created, cause it seems to be all doen within the editor and not at run time, unless an api exists to modify the spline at runtime?) just post on action requests.

Bye,

Jean

markinjapan

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 05:49:09 PM »
Ahah! Sorry, I just worked it out. I was thinking I had to import splines and then say the PM, go along this spline. But all I have to do is set up some empty gameobjects and then tell itween to use them in the Path section and it draws the spline between them.

I guess I didn't understand because the Path Nodes bit was greyed out so I thought I needed something else. I had to watch this video to understand:

Excellent. Now for a whole week of making fancy patterns :)

Thanks.