playMaker

Author Topic: Breakout Pro! for Playmaker  (Read 33876 times)

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Breakout Pro! for Playmaker
« on: June 20, 2016, 07:56:49 PM »

3DSauce proudly presents,

Breakout Pro! for Playmaker. Available now on the Unity Asset Store* and 3DSauce.com!

*Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. While clicking these links won't cost you any money, it will help us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

The most advanced breakout experience on the Asset Store has arrived!

Finely tuned controls, a multitude of powerups and brick types, simple level creation tools and excellent performance make this one of our most awesome game templates yet!

Trailer: http://youtu.be/VCN2PimgSsM

*Requires Playmaker

Features:
1 - Mobile & Desktop ready!
2 - Highly polished controls
3 - Intuitive paddle bounce angles
4 - Easily tweakable gameplay
5 - Unique powerups
- Fireball
- Laser
- Sticky Paddle
- Grow Paddle
- Shrink Paddle
- Revive Ball
- Split Balls
- Speed Up
- Slow Down
- Extra Life
6 - Smart endgame powerup spawner (Trouble hitting those last few bricks? We have you covered!)
7 - Variety of brick types
- Unbreakable (Except by lasers and fireballs!)
- Multi-hit
- Cage
- Bomb
- Powerup specific
- Side to side moving (Smooth, smooth tick and step tick variations)
- Many different point values and colors
- Custom brick shapes
- Easily create your own brick types
8 - Includes tools to simplify level creation
- Brick snapping
- Brick replacing
9 - Ball pooling system
10 - Easy percentage based drop rate calculator
11 - Supports both perspective and orthographic cameras
12 - 26 Sound effects included
13 - 10 Powerup sprites included
14 - Detailed documentation
15 - High performance on mobile
- 60fps on iPad 2 and Moto G without lighting and shadows
- 60fps on iPad mini Retina with full lighting and shadows!

<< Webplayer DEMO >>
<< WebGL DEMO >>
<< Sample Android APK >>
*Remember to toggle shadows off on older devices via the button in the top left of the demo.

Feel free to ask questions, make suggestions, or post requests in this thread.

Thank you all for your support! Please remember to leave a rating and review if you want to encourage updates and new kits!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 09:41:08 AM by Graham »
More templates on the Unity Asset Store!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: [NEW] Breakout Pro! for Playmaker [INTRO SALE]
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 09:23:28 PM »
Looks amazing! Bringing back memories of Arkanoid! :D

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 12:43:13 AM »
Cool!

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 09:22:41 PM »
Thanks for the kind words guys! I put so much polish into this particular project that it feels a shame to not release a full game using it  :P

Today by request, I went ahead and added cross-platform leaderboards using Dreamlo! It seems to be working quite well, you can compete for the high score in any of the available demos posted above.

As soon as the template gets accepted on the Asset store, I'm going to release the leaderboard update.

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 03:58:43 AM »
Hi,

Yeah, your game deserved being published for real! Makes me want to own it, just for the graphics and indeed the good old memory.

Well done again!

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 04:25:34 AM »
Hi,

on webgl, I have a button on the top left corner that is slightly off:

and leaderBoard seems to not kick in ( I finished the game... :) )

Bye,

Jean

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 08:58:37 AM »
Thanks Jean! I actually fixed most of the remaining leaderboard bugs last night and made the overall user flow more friendly. You can change your name now!  :P I just uploaded the latest demos.

Unfortunately your score never made it out of the WebGL player and into the leaderboard. You were playing on the Dropbox demo which is behind a secure https website. Sadly WebGL doesn't seem to be able to communicate with anything external unless it's behind an unsecured address or you allow the unsecured connection from your address bar. I am moving the demo to my website to fix that issue.

I have had many other issues while working with WebGL. Sound quality is much lower, graphics are not on par with other platforms, performance is lacking, it even stutters on my very capable pc hardware. Playing full screen does alleviate this slightly, but I don't think WebGL is ready for prime time yet. WebGL is the only platform with this strange stutter, I get better performance on my old iPad2 or Moto G. I highly recommend playing the webplayer demo if you are able, that represents the intended gameplay experience more accurately.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 09:26:15 AM by Graham »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 02:17:07 AM »
Hi,

Excellent, Thanks for your effort.

Webgl requires some serious graphics optimization if it's intended for a proper game, so yes, it's not a direct hit... I am well aware of the quality reduction, but still that was a quick way to play and all, and it was not affecting my game play, what did affect the gameplay is the mouse not working when outside the game view, that does affect the game play a lot. So maybe look for an option to use arrow keys or mouse in this situation.

Too bad, I am sure I was on top of the leaderboard... not.... ;D

I think you should publish to Apple store, Google store, Windows Store, just as a way to drive people into understanding that your project is a serious project, make it free, no ads, no nothing, just to show it's possible, I am sure it will play a big role in developers committing into purchasing this.

Bye,

Jean

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 10:58:14 AM »
Thanks for your advice Jean. I'll likely be reactivating my ios developers license to showcase demos like this.

The arrow keys would be an easy solution since the logic is already there for L/R thumb play on mobile. Will add this as an option when I implement menus.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 11:29:33 AM »
Hi,

Yes, this will not only help you promote your set of starter kits, but also promote you as a developer full stop. And having apps on stores is going to put you one step ahead when publishers or clients will consider hiring you.

Bye,

Jean

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 05:15:57 PM »
The kit is now officially available on the Unity Asset Store!
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/64261

The Dreamlo cross platform leaderboard addition has also been submitted for review. Should be live shortly.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 05:17:46 PM by Graham »

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Re: [NEW] Breakout Pro! for Playmaker
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 03:49:27 PM »
I have some really great news! I think I've finally figured out what was causing the WebGL performance issues. If you try the WebGL demo again, please report on your experience performance-wise. I will be submitting this fix in the next update.

In other news, version 1.4 is now live on the Asset Store. You will find lighting and shadow performance on older devices has been improved dramatically! This update also includes Dreamlo leaderboard integration as well as a number bug fixes and improvements.

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Re: [NEW] Breakout Pro! for Playmaker
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2016, 03:27:10 PM »
Version 1.5 just went live on the Unity Asset Store.

Performance has been massively improved in WebGL builds!

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Re: [Released] Breakout Pro! for Playmaker
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2016, 08:16:26 AM »
I went ahead and submitted an update that includes a couple of the most requested features.

v1.6
- Added level selection menu.
- Added pause and resume functionality.
- Added per level leaderboards.
- Added Home, Retry and Next Level buttons to "game over" and "level completion" screens.
- Updated documentation.

The update should be live on the Asset Store soon, in the meantime you can try out the updated demo.

I really like where this is going, let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 08:18:30 AM by Graham »

play_edu

Re: [Released] Breakout Pro! for Playmaker
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2016, 12:50:00 AM »
cool one