playMaker

Author Topic: really need help with config joints. cant continue project without them.  (Read 3979 times)

Fleech

• Playmaker Newbie
so currently my entire player controller is based off of config joints. it would be fantastic if i could control the config joint spring values with play maker on the fly but i can't because playmaker doesn't allow it and asking for actions is pointless. i've tried everything from attaching the anchor point to a empty game object with a spring joint (which you can control), messing with linear limits and anchor points, using hinge joints which you can control the spring values of, parenting, etc.

is there any possible way to have playmaker interact with the configurable joint spring values i need to adjust in run time to complete this project?

if not, i'm going to have to re do everything with hinge joints which are extremely limited.

cwmanley

Hi,

I found a start here.

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=5810.msg28257#msg28257

We might need a few different actions.

Configurable Joint Limit Spring
Configurable Joint Limit
Configurable Drive

What exactly do you need?

Thanks.

Fleech

• Playmaker Newbie
here's what i'm working with

http://webm.land/w/1ST5/

the limit spring is really whats holding the project back. currently i'm creating a procedural animation physics fighting game and the character transition states would really benefit from run time spring value adjustment.

the "Drive Position springs"  and "Angular Drive position springs" currently can't be set with the set property action.

i'm about 1 month into this project and i really need control of these values, thanks for your help.

cwmanley

That is Awesome!

You are welcome. Let me know if these help out.

Thanks

Fleech

• Playmaker Newbie
thanks a ton, this saved my game.

i'm completely new to most of this so sorry if this is somewhere i missed, where do i put the visual studio file?

cwmanley

No problem,

You can put them anywhere in your assets folder.

"Assets/Playmaker My Custom Actions" will work fine

Cheers

Fleech

• Playmaker Newbie
this works unbelievably well. you have no idea how much frustration and disappointment you saved me. all the solutions i had lined up wouldn't have worked anywhere near as effectively as what this allows me to do. i can finally complete this part of development and move on to assets, thank you.

now i can have proper reactive AI and complete control of every movement state.

http://i.4cdn.org/vg/1471900503164.webm

cwmanley

Sweet!

That is really impressive! Let me know if you have any issues.

I'm glad I could help.  :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

These actions are now on the Ecosystem, with a slight update that you can now selected directly a component so that you can target a Setup where you have multiple joints on a single GameObject.

Bye,

Jean