playMaker

Author Topic: NGUI Integration (WIP) [NGUI 3.5.9 supported]  (Read 148249 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: NGUI Integration (WIP)
« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2013, 04:57:17 AM »
Hi,

I see, I relied on photon being there, You've removed the photon folder right?. Simply delete that script if you don't need this. I'll correct this for the next update on this package.

bye,

Jean

Mayhem

« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2013, 09:52:47 AM »
I don't know if you guys know about this, but I think it should be mentioned:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/192544-PlayMaker-NGUI-Scripts

It's nice that someone took the time to cover a lot of functions, but I don't know exactly what I should think about the 15$ price-point...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: August 08, 2013, 03:49:27 AM »
Hi,

yes. It seems a very good asset. As far as the price entry point. It's up to every one to judge this. As far as I am concern, It's always a matter of how much time you are going to loose trying to do this against how much time you are going to save using an asset that answer your needs.

So, $15 is like nothing in your working day, and doing all the things you need will cost you a lot more than $15 of your time.

There is also reviews. so I would really encourage you to get it if you see int here a value for your project and needs ( not affiliated in any way with merlin981). If you find issues, simply contact him, make requests. I am pretty sure he will be more than willing to listen and answer your questions, and probably take your requests in account to improve/expand.

also $15 is hardly a one stop to the mcDrive...  :P

bye,

Jean
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 05:10:37 AM by jeanfabre »

Mayhem

« Reply #138 on: August 08, 2013, 06:10:11 AM »
Oh no, don't get me wrong. I have absolutely NO problem buying assets, scripts etc. I mean, I'm developing games and would like to see that people buy the game my team spent so many hours, days, weeks, months in order to complete it. I respect the work and effort of the creator of the NGUI Scripts.
The only thing that bothers me a little bit:

- here in the forums the Users help out each other, sharing new Actions for certain scenarios or certain new Plugins. For free!
- this topic here for example: You, jean, and other people are helping each other to control NGUI via PlayMaker. For free!

Don't know what to think about it. It's kind of weird that a lot of other actions for other plugins made by users here are for free and for NGUI you have to pay.
As said before, I have no problem with paying a person who did a good job. It's just about the principle.

I'm just asking myself: Since there are now NGUI-Actions. Is this topic still relevant?
For now I'm in no need for the Actions the guy made, because "Get/Set Property", "Send Message" and "Invoke Behaviour" are doing well.

Red

« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2013, 08:51:02 PM »
Hmm... I'm tempted to give it a go but looking at the documentation it seems that the get/set property would be a logical answer to about half of those features. Sure, i'm going to guess that they're made much more easy to use and specific but the get/set property actions are actually pretty potent in their own right (though they have their limits, it's not impossible to work around them.)

EDIT: All that said, I'm not trying to be critical of the pack... and neither am i saying this to suggest that these kinds of features should be integrated into Playmaker... more that there are many ways to get done what you need to get done.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 08:56:59 PM by Red »

murteas

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #140 on: August 21, 2013, 02:06:47 PM »
Humm... so now I am getting error:

Code: [Select]
Assets/PlayMaker NGUI/Widgets/UIJoystick.cs(133,45): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.Vector3' does not contain a definition for `AlmostEquals' and no extension method `AlmostEquals' of type `UnityEngine.Vector3' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
after just reimporting PlayMaker NGUI (i just re downloaded it too)

cheers,
-andos
I'm seeing the same error here.   Does anyone have a suggestion on this?   This is the latest version of Unity (4.2), Playmaker, and Playmaker NGUI .   Brand new project.

ajgr

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2013, 08:12:32 PM »
As of this writing it seems that importing PlayMakerNgui or PlayMakerNguiExamples into a project will pretty much destroy the entire project. Neither NGUI nor PlayMaker will load w/ either installed and MonoDevelop just crashes.

"Assets/PlayMaker NGUI/Widgets/UIJoystick.cs(133,45): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.Vector3' does not contain a definition for `AlmostEquals' and no extension method `AlmostEquals' of type `UnityEngine.Vector3' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2013, 07:45:23 AM »
Hi,

It's because you need Photon. Simply delete UIJoystick.cs file from the assets.

Bye,

Jean

Red

« Reply #143 on: September 09, 2013, 04:22:03 PM »
Hey there! I want to say thank you for this... even though I kinda had a bit of a melt-down in this thread earlier, I can't deny that you've been really putting things together and for that I should say thank you.

Though, I'm not sure if this is do-able but for the monitoring script that was made for this system... is it possible to have it allow for multiple FSMs being in the slot? Not that adding another on there for multiple FSMs is a bad idea (that I know of) but for an ease-of-use thing, if it's possible, i'd like to suggest a means to do so.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: September 10, 2013, 01:37:35 AM »
Hi,

Don't worry. I know how stressful and frustrating things can be at time. So never give up!

Good idea for the multiple target. I'll see what I can do.

Bye,

Jean

Mayhem

« Reply #145 on: October 13, 2013, 10:28:27 AM »
Do you guys now if the UIEventsToPlayMakerFSM-Action works with the latest 3.X NGUI Update?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2013, 02:44:10 AM »
Hi,

I have planned to work on this this week. I think it should work, but I haven't testes that system yet. Currently, I don't recommand tho that you switch to ngui 3.x if you are using playmaker and ngui custom actions.

bye,

Jean

Mayhem

« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2013, 10:16:40 AM »
I tried it already by myself. UIEventsToPlayMaker works fine.
Which custom NGUI Actions do you mean?

I only use the UIEventsToPlayMaker-Script and a bunch of PlayMaker-Actions like "Get/Set Property", "Invoke Behaviour" or "Call Method". Worked great so far and I don't see any reason why these actions shouldn't work with 3.X  :)

Andy22

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2013, 10:24:09 AM »
Which custom NGUI Actions do you mean?

Regarding NGUI 3.0:

Just imported the NGUI addon free, which i suspect is this thread about? https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1111

I got several compiler errors, which seem to-be fixable. UIButtonTween is replaced by "UIPlayTween", the broken Vector3 comparison can be replaced by a distance check and a color was taken from a other package that can be simply hardcoded.

Ofc would be nice to get a updated 3.0 compatible package.

The main functionality i seek is putting our HUD into a playmaker state-machine for better control and NGUI tweening functionality from playmaker.

bye Andy

Andy22

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2013, 12:22:12 PM »
Hi,

just found a bug in the "NguiPlayTween.cs" component.

The "resetOnPlay" needs to happen before the actual play/toggle() is called. In the current version this happens directly after the play.

Code: [Select]
public void PlayTweeners()
{
if (resetOnPlay.Value) {
tw.Reset();
}

// Toggle or activate the tween component
if (playDirection == Direction.Toggle) {
tw.Toggle();
}
else {
tw.Play(forward);