playMaker

Author Topic: Request!! A match 3 tutorial  (Read 9757 times)

wendymorrison

• Playmaker Newbie
Request!! A match 3 tutorial
« on: November 10, 2016, 05:19:31 PM »
Hi was wondering if anyone can do a tutorial for a match 3 game. I do have bug match but i can't learn from this. I just need a proper tutorial. Just need a basic one like the board layout with random items and how to check for 3 or more matches. There is quite a lot of coding tutorials for this but i don't code hence why i have playmaker.

wendymorrison

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Request!! A match 3 tutorial
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 09:06:39 PM »
What hasn't anyone ever thought of doing a match 3 tutorial before. If i new how to do this one i would do a tutorial because i have noticed through hunting around to find this, there has been alot of people asking about this.

wendymorrison

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 11:53:43 PM »
Does any one know how to make a match 3 game in playmaker, its just i have alot of views but no replys.

dudebxl

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 07:46:24 AM »
Well, you have youtube. Just follow a youtube video and do the coding in playmaker (it's possible) or you could buy the asset:
-http://www.flyingrobotstudios.com/?p=1214

or try this - cloud03 gives his sample project: http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=8784.0

:)

wendymorrison

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 02:50:24 PM »
Well, you have youtube. Just follow a youtube video and do the coding in playmaker (it's possible) or you could buy the asset:
-http://www.flyingrobotstudios.com/?p=1214

or try this - cloud03 gives his sample project: http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=8784.0

:)

I have got the bugmatch but no tutorial comes with it and i have tried to follow the code of one so i can convert it to playmaker but that ended up harder than what i thought. The reason i do playmaker i can't code. There is alot of tutorials on FPS, Third person, tic tac toe, breakout and even flappy bird ones. Also alot of tutorials people never bothered to finish. So i need a proper tutorial for a match 3. I have been going through bugmatch but they don't have any comments on what they are doing there. I have seen that example on that page but that doesn't help me. He ended up finishing it in c# not playmaker.

wendymorrison

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 06:31:44 PM »
I wasn't getting much here but found alot of great match 3 coding tutorials so maybe somone can do a tutorial on how to convert a c# script to playmaker terms. I can figure some out but some i can't. I found this easy and quick tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ARv2JJNFY on match 3. Maybe somone could do a tutorial to convert that script to playmaker. Start off simple. I am going to try but of course i don't know coding so i may have a bit of trouble.

wendymorrison

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 04:35:40 AM »
I give up on this one now

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 01:32:43 AM »
Hi,

It's very important to not give, especially within 2 days. This forum is very active and so it's difficult to keep up with everyone's requests, allow at the very least few days, and bump regularly to get attention :)

Where are you stuck in your attempt to do do the holostic3d tut in PlayMaker? is it the looping? or storing of data?

Bye,

Jean

wendymorrison

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 08:58:17 PM »
Hi,

It's very important to not give, especially within 2 days. This forum is very active and so it's difficult to keep up with everyone's requests, allow at the very least few days, and bump regularly to get attention :)

Where are you stuck in your attempt to do do the holostic3d tut in PlayMaker? is it the looping? or storing of data?

Bye,

Jean

I just wanted a tutorial on a match 3 game in playmaker preferbly 2d though. I have done many tutorials and also bought tutorials but there is actually no match 3 tutorial for playmaker. In the bugmatch game there is no comments on what they are doing. I have done the coding match 3 tutorials but i am no coder hence why i use playmaker. I have tried to go by the match 3 scripts to try to work out how the functions would be like in playmaker but haven't had any luck with that. The main thing that gets me is the nested for loops and some other maths terms in the scripts. Thats what i can't work out in playmaker. Like i said above there is alot of FPS game tutorials and third person, breakout, flappy bird, side scroller, tower defense and all and yes i have done them all but they don't use array or array maker or have puzzles you have to work out though. I am trying to learn arrays but they don't show you how to use it for a real game in playmaker.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 03:39:23 AM »
Hi,

Ok.

I am wrapping up an ArrayMaker sample, that I'll put either today or tomorrow to the Ecosystem, it will feature complex nest loops, you'll then be able to see how it's done. and we'll take ti from there to discuss nested loops.

Bye,

Jean

wendymorrison

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 05:29:04 AM »
Hi,

Ok.

I am wrapping up an ArrayMaker sample, that I'll put either today or tomorrow to the Ecosystem, it will feature complex nest loops, you'll then be able to see how it's done. and we'll take ti from there to discuss nested loops.

Bye,

Jean

Thanks that would be good.

hunz

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 05:38:12 AM »
Very excited about an array update and complex nest looping ^_^  Thank you Jeanfabre!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2016, 01:54:28 AM »
Hi,

ok, I pushed the arrayMaker sample showing complex verifications across a board.

https://twitter.com/JeanAtPlayMaker/status/800634493904257026

Bye,

Jean

wendymorrison

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2016, 05:07:29 AM »
Sorry i mustn't have made myself clear on earlier post and thanks for your time but i wanted a tutorial not an example. I have already a match 3 example but i have trouble with seeing what that example is doing.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 10:16:48 AM »
Hi,

no no, you were clear :) I just passed on what I have today so you can start anyway while a tutorial is made for this.

This example only needs you to click to randomly pick a color, then the routine checks all rows, columns and diagonal to check if there is a match in color. Of course , the gameplay will likely have a different way to show and distribute colors across the board, but here the interesting part is how to check the board for a match.

This samples shows you how to use iteration, then you extrapolate for your own gameplay to check for matches, but the basic routine is there. So meanwhile I think this is a good start for you to digg. Put a breakpoint and go over the process step by step, you'll learn a lot like that already.

Bye,

Jean