playMaker

Author Topic: MonoSQLite SQLite for Unity  (Read 53823 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: MonoSQLite SQLite for Unity
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2012, 02:42:31 AM »
Hi,

Thanks :) I am actually looking for a c# book, because I just picked up c# without real education, so I am sure I am missing out on a lot of goodies and powerful key aspect of c# actually...

Bye,

Jean

jsking74

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2012, 06:43:51 PM »
Sounds good man, and thanks again for the quick response.

Hey jsking,

We have contacted Mr. Jean Fabre who wrote assetMaker and we came up with an agreement to have it fully integrated into MonoSQLite. He said he'll have it working before the Unite Conference begins! Does it meet your expectations? Please, let us know!

Att,
Eduardo Capanema

That will take MonoSQLite to the next level, Like I said before, I am not dissatisfied with MonoSqlite, but having prebuilt scripts integrated to work with datasets will make it not only useful but will signifigantly reduce the time to prototype anything dealing with a database. Kudos to both of you guys, keep up the good work.

bioduds

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2012, 07:11:12 PM »
Great, man! Thank you very much!

When it's done I'll let you know!

Att,
Eduardo

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2012, 03:06:43 AM »
Hi,

The way I see the integration between monosqlite and arrayMaker is the following:

1: A GameObject will be created solely to host the arrayLists of the dataset. so you'll have one arrayList for each column of the table you are querying, I think it will be a very good and flexible start.

2: The opposite could be true, I think I could take a gameObject, analyze its arrays and build/update the corresponding tables and data back to monoSqlite. So effectivly, you could load AND save datasets to monosqlite very easily.

2: The big issue I am having theoretically with monosqlite at the moment is that it doesn't support vectors, bool, etc etc. So a big part of the job will be to write a proxy that will allow users to store a vector3 for example without caring about how it's actually defined in the database. I think this will greatly increase the range of possibilities for monosqlite.

This is all very theoretical, I have yet to dive into all this properly.

bye,

Jean

Sjones

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2012, 10:30:59 PM »
I was wondering if someone from this thread could help me, I have recently looked into monosqlite, as I belive this is exactly what I need, however theres a few issues, one I have made several attempts to sign up to their forums and have failed. there has also been reports on their forum that a recent-ish build is incomparable with android os, further more the developers from the site have not posted on their forums in some time.

their next version 2.0 that was supposedly be out soon has also not been released yet, this was to contain the inventory system example using playmaker (from what I gather its the one that amy made / helped with)

can anyone confirm that the latest release is working for android?
and is there any tutorials on how to do inventory?
also does anyone know the status of the dev team over at mono?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2012, 02:50:15 AM »
Hi,

It's cooking, at least from my end, I don't know what will be included in the next release, but as far as I know, I am waiting for a small update on the api so that I can propose a fully fledge wizard to create the necessary actions needed for you to work with MonoSqlite within playmaker.

I have attached few screenshots of the wizard. It's still in alpha, and would not work with the current version of monosqlite anyway, so as soon as it's out, it will all go then pretty quick.

bye,

Jean
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 02:53:44 AM by jeanfabre »

Sjones

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2012, 12:24:05 PM »
the support on these forums are outstanding, have joined many communities and never had so much response or help, this is fantastic.

now I am ready to buy monosqlite as soon as 2.0 comes out as long as it works for android :P

one thing I am unsure about at the moment, that I was hoping the tutorials released by the mono team, is how to use the database in a save and load situation, say for an inventory, on level load it makes sure that all the items that was there at the end of the game are loaded and placed, this is not covered in their current tutorial list.

also it looks as if some people may have them on skype, any chance that someone could poke them (amy possibly if she is around still) find out what's happening over there?

PIXELCRY

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2012, 11:16:31 AM »
someone who saved the actions can post them ? cant find them anywhere  :-[

PIXELCRY

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2013, 02:13:39 AM »
found it here

gamedivision

« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2013, 10:09:09 AM »
Hey has this asset been taken off the asset store I cant find it
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:51:23 PM by gamedivision »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2013, 03:16:06 PM »
Hi,

It seems so yes. too bad. There are plenty of other solutions tho.

bye,

Jean

vrgz

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2013, 09:33:59 AM »
Hey has this asset been taken off the asset store I cant find it

this sql plugins is dead.....

gamedivision

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2013, 12:38:07 PM »
i spoke with the developer he is no longer working on this

memetic arts

« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2013, 09:14:46 AM »
This is sad.  I'd just "discovered" MonoSQLite, only to reach this thread and find that it's dead in the water . . .

Jean, you mentioned that there other solutions . . . could you name a few please?

Thank you!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2013, 12:42:42 AM »
Hi,

I am using sqliteKit as a replacement on my DataMaker tool, and now there are plenty different solutions on the asset store really.

there is the NoSql asset as well that has playmaker support, but I haven't tested this yet, so don't know how far it goes, but looks very good.

Bye,

Jean