playMaker

Author Topic: MonoSQLite SQLite for Unity  (Read 53813 times)

memetic arts

Re: MonoSQLite SQLite for Unity
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2013, 09:14:18 AM »
Thank you, Jean.  I'll definitely browse the Asset Store, but good to know what you yourself are using as well.

I saw that someone has found a way to integrate Parse.com with Unity . . . any thoughts or caveats w/ regard to PM?

Cheers,

==rr

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2013, 02:19:45 AM »
hi,

Parse works very well indeed, no real caveats with pm at all, only quite difficult if you are not versed into building few custom actions to bind parse and pm together. My parseMaker works well, only needs finishing :) it works for my needs, but of course it should provide support for all the wonderfull stuff Parse offers, like user management, cloud code, etc etc.

If you are looking for more work done on this parseMaker, contact me, we'll see what we can do, right now, there is not enough demands for me to inject more time on this as it is quite involving to move parseMaker to the next step, but really It would be great to finish this and make it the asset store as it really is powerful indeed.

bye,

Jean

memetic arts

« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2013, 10:43:55 AM »
So funny, after posting yesterday, I continued researching, and eventually found links to ParseMaker, so came full circle . . . love the Web!

Will definitely check it out -- I have a feeling that for my immediate needs it just might work as it stands, but we'll see.

Thanks again,

==rr

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2013, 02:01:00 AM »
Hi,

:) I love that too.

don't hesitate to come back to me if you need something on parsemaker, I really want to make it grow, so I need that kind of push to move forward.

bye,

Jean

memetic arts

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2013, 08:30:45 AM »
awesome, I may just take you up on that!

Along with basic user profile metadata, I'm going to need to find a way to store what could potentially be a huge amount of data -- basically, need to record user path data (position/orientation/timestamps), with high enough resolution for accurate playback.

Hopefully, Parse is up to the task . . . we'll see.  It's a huge part of the product I'm developing, but probably won't be building that part out for at least a couple of months . . . I just go on these exploratory missions every now and then for pre=planning and to keep up with tech.

So thank you again . . . will definitely let you know when I'm ready!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2013, 01:00:49 AM »
Hi,

No, parse will likely not be the right tool for streaming data ( recording and playng back), parse it more about discrete set of data and it's licensing policy will likely then cost you a lot if you plan to do this.

If you plan on streaming stuff like that, I would look for other solutions, and likely something using a king of multi user environment. I'll enquire with Photon, maybe they have a solution on your problem. Else I would look for something like http://pusher.com/ where you can catch stream easily on a server. I have a library to work with pusher too :)

bye,

Jean

memetic arts

« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2013, 01:43:06 AM »
Interesting and good advice, thanks Jean.  Definitely good to know about pusher.com, looks very promising for when the time comes.

and why am I not surprised you've got a library . . .

cheers,

==rr

mweyna

« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2014, 01:30:50 PM »
So this thread has gone quiet for a bit, but would this be a good solution if I want to have my game query a database for Player Info (INT/Float Variables, Arrays, etc) across a multiplayer network?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2014, 04:46:21 AM »
Hi,

Yeah, I have a solution that works for my needs, but never got around refactoring it for public sharing so much...

If you look at the asset store, some database asset provides built in support for PlayMaker with actions.

http://u3d.as/content/orange-tree/sqlite-kit/3ka

I haven't tested them, but I think it will allow you to do this.

My system is trying to be generic and work for any sqlite database, so a lot more work up front would be required.

Also, It's not that dead, I am working on xmlMaker to provide a new version, and I think I found a more direct approach to this using the latest features of PlayMaker flexibility where I can create custom editors for actions, that opens a lot of perspectives, so still very much in my radar.

Bye,

Jean