playMaker

Author Topic: Textmesh Pro Playmaker Actions (free)  (Read 32034 times)

tcmeric

• Beta Group
Textmesh Pro Playmaker Actions (free)
« on: April 24, 2017, 03:50:16 AM »
The Textmesh Pro playmaker action set has now been released for free under a MIT/LGPL license (free to use in your game, no need to add into credits) by myself (Dumb Game Dev).

https://github.com/dumbgamedev/TextMeshPro_Playmaker

As well, I have made a basic intro video for these actions. I highly suggest you check out Textmesh Pro, which is now free on the asset store. This is really a big step-up for text in Unity. It is all free, and if you are not already using it in your project, you should now!!!

One last thing to note, is that this project was funded through my Patreon account. If you do use this asset, or would like to see more free playmaker actions, please consider contributing a few dollars a month. https://www.patreon.com/playmaker

The next releases in the pipeline for my Patreon account are actions for Post Processing Stack (free on the asset store), Beautify (another great post processing asset that I use myself often) and Liquid Volume (by the same authors as Beautify).

To Note: There are still a few issues with the actions for mobile shaders. If you run into any bugs, please report them so I can make corrections. (Shaders are tricky and this asset comes with a whole bunch).

tcmeric

• Beta Group
Re: Textmesh Pro Playmaker Actions (free)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 07:58:49 AM »
So, I found that they are not working with the textmesh pro ugui (just the textmesh pro standard text). I am working on a fix that should address that soon. Hopefully this week.

beowulfkaine

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 11:37:49 AM »
Please add a $20 contribution option to your patreon page.

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 12:06:47 PM »
Thank could be managed  8)

https://www.patreon.com/playmaker

Zeb

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 07:13:26 PM »
Thank you for these actions!

I did run into the issue that uGUI TMP is not supported though. I look forward to your update!

These actions will save me a lot of time and allow for cleaner FSMs as I'm currently in the process of converting all my old text into uGUI TMP.

edit: I'm not sure what will be involved when you add uGUI TMP support but one feature that would be very helpful is to be able to set Color Gradient Presets.

Zeb
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 07:59:23 PM by Zeb »

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 09:12:46 PM »
They should all be done within the next few days regarding uGui. I can bump this thread here when its finished if you would like, or you can send me your email (mine is tcmeric@gmail.com), and I can email you when its ready.

Thanks for your support Zeb! Ill look at the color gradients preset. I forget off the top of my head if its there. I think it is a shader effect (for TMP). But I will add support for 95% of whatever uGui can support.

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 08:16:33 AM »
Hi Zeb & everyone. I have update the set today to include ugui actions as well.

You can download the github version and just replace your current version. I didnt change any of the old actions, so they will work and not break whatever work you have completed.

Zeb, I am working on gradients. I will see what I can do, as gradients are not necessarily supported in playmaker, but I will come up with a work around (I have been practicing with line renderers, so hopefully I can get it working).

Zeb

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 01:26:37 PM »
That's wonderful. Thank you! I'll test out what you have today and let you know if I run into any issues.

Manually setting color gradients in PM would be a great addition but if all I had was the ability to swap a TPM_Color Gradient Preset then I could get away with a lot. It may be a much easier action to build.

firesidegames

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 08:53:07 AM »
Thanks for the new ugui action set! Working great on my end :D

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 09:10:33 AM »
Awesome! Thanks for checking in and letting me know. Its nice to know that people are using the actions. Always gives me some energy to make more.

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 10:05:33 AM »
The actions have been updated to include

1. set gradient colors (for ugui and non-ugui text)
2. set gradient preset (for ugui and non)
3. enable/disable gradients (for ugui and non)
4. get text (for ugui and non)
5. set text without any required fields, so you can pass null (for ugui and non).

It has been added to the master branch: https://github.com/dumbgamedev/TextMeshPro_Playmaker

m_stolley

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2017, 09:32:05 AM »
Hi,

I get these 3 Errors:

Assets/TextMeshPro_Playmaker-master/uguiActions/Basic/enableTextmeshProUGUITextColorGradient.cs(13,16): error CS0101: The namespace `HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions' already contains a definition for `enableTextmeshProUGUITextColorGradient'

Assets/TextMeshPro_Playmaker-master/uguiActions/Basic/setTextmeshProUGUIGradientPreset.cs(14,16): error CS0101: The namespace `HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions' already contains a definition for `setTextmeshProUGUIGradientPreset'

Assets/TextMeshPro_Playmaker-master/uguiActions/Basic/setTextmeshProUGUITextColorGradient.cs(13,16): error CS0101: The namespace `HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions' already contains a definition for `setTextmeshProUGUITextColorGradient'

Can you please help?

edit 1:
Use the source code edition by the way.

wdit 2:
Ok, deleted the duplicates from the basic actions folder, not the ugui basic action folder. Is that right?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 09:58:23 AM by m_stolley »

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2017, 09:51:07 AM »
Absolutely. Sorry that was my bad. Delete the entire folder with the actions in it. Download a new fresh set. I have made the necessary corrections. (But you need to delete the old ones first from your assets folder).

edit: please use the master/source code edition, it is always up to date and should be the most stable.

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2017, 11:08:05 PM »
Warning for unity 5.6 users.

The newest version of textmesh pro makes a few big changes, which breaks the textmesh pro playmaker actions. They did NOT use conditionals, and instead released a new version only for 5.6. You can see the list of changes here: http://digitalnativestudios.com/forum/index.php?topic=1363.msg10122#msg10122

Currently my actions do not support this new version (only available for 5.6) if you are updated to textmesh pro version 1.0.55 and above.

I will likely add support, but maybe not for a few weeks or more.

PlaymakerNOOB

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2017, 09:47:30 PM »
Thanks TCMeric!