playMaker

Author Topic: Creating Actions for Shuriken Particle System. What would you like to see?  (Read 2337 times)

HAIRGROW

• Playmaker Newbie
So I'm working on a VR game and I wanted a better way to control the particle systems with PlayMaker. I've created a pretty extensive set to do what I want, but I was curious as to what features / actions others would be interested in. I've created a few other VR related actions as well such as a VR FSM Inspector, which allows you to see that state changes for FSMs in VR. Before I put something like this out, I wanted to see if there was any interest in such a thing. Thanks.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Creating Actions for Shuriken Particle System. What would you like to see?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 03:18:54 AM »
Hi,

have you checked the ones already on the ecosystem?

I am currently working on that and the big issue is that for a given property you can have up to three different way to express it, as a float, as a range or curve. If you integrate that nicely, you are definitly onto something.

Bye,

Jean

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 08:27:34 AM »
Sure there is. Jean covered trail, noise and shape modules, but we need the rest of course :)

Available for Playmaker work

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 01:37:33 AM »
Hi,

started on this few weeks ago, and I am now brainstorming this concept of on property with several ways to describe it, it's complex because I don't want to make 3 actions for a single variable... especially in this context where there are tons of such properties to cover...

Bye,

Jean

HAIRGROW

• Playmaker Newbie
It's been a little over a year now, and I hadn't realized that I actually received a response to this. I need to start turning on notifications. :P

Anyways, I've been working on core game code for the past year and have now decided to shift focus back on to the Actions for the Shuriken Particle System. I'm tackling all 23 modules, sub-modules, and hidden properties. So far, I've completed 15. By using the Custom Action Editor, I've managed to compile each module from the particle system into it's own PlayMaker Action. Except for the Main Module. It's broken up into several pieces. I've looked at other actions on the Ecosystem, but I need additional control of the particle system for the VR game I'm creating.

I've been a huge fan of PlayMaker since Unity 3.5. It's part of the "secret sauce" for the combat mechanics in my game. Because this is such an extensive set, I plan to release this on the Asset Store as means to fund my game production. Version 1 will consist of the Shuriken Particle System. Later versions will include actions for Hidden Properties, External Forces, and other FXs such as the Trail Renderer.

As a side note, I've also created am extensive set of VR related actions as well. It's apart of an entire system that handles the Controller Inputs and UI interaction with both the Vive Wands and Index Controllers. This will also be another set released on the Asset Store as well.

If anyone is interested I tend to post updates via https://twitter.com/ahairgrow and https://www.instagram.com/hairgrowatl/?hl=en
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 12:21:22 AM by HAIRGROW »