playMaker

Author Topic: Looking for help or advice with facing a direction.  (Read 1233 times)

Prestonh

• Playmaker Newbie
Looking for help or advice with facing a direction.
« on: December 25, 2018, 04:15:24 AM »
So i have a split screen, on game pads, third person, so that limits a couple options.  But anywho,  player has a bow and when they go to shoot it, i pop up a aim targeting thing, and play the draw animations, ect. I also force the player to look in the same direction as the camera, so he actually shoots towards the target.  This all works, except there is one thing i dont like,  i was spawning the arrow from an object child to the player, but it seems when i force the look, the character looks in the right direction, but thier transform doesnt, which means my arrow spawn isnt where i want it, so i set my arrow spawn from a child to the camera, which seems to work so far.  But when i release the force look, the player snaps back to the transform direction.  Which to me just looks and feels shoddy.  Any suggestions?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Looking for help or advice with facing a direction.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 01:24:01 PM »
Hi.
Can you show your setup? (Some images or video from your fsms/states/actions)

Prestonh

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Looking for help or advice with facing a direction.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 08:40:48 PM »
Sorry for the delay, xmas and all.  Ill send some images tonight, i think i found the problem,  in my movement fsm, i have the get axis vector and such for the animator, but i also have a smooth look at, in that fsm, and when i draw the bow, i run a smooth look at to camera direction,  so im running 2 smooth look at, at the same time, and when i release the bow, it snaps back to the first smooth look at. I think.