playMaker

Author Topic: How to make Floating Scores? [SOLVED]  (Read 1564 times)

Neikke

How to make Floating Scores? [SOLVED]
« on: June 12, 2019, 07:31:12 PM »
Guys, please help!

I want to create a popping up score numbers like they have it in Angry Birds for example. What would be the right workflow for that kind of task?

As I imagine it - my Coin gets collided with Player, which triggers 2D event: Creates a text "100 POINTS" at the origin of that Coin and at the Size. And then score number disappears. So, very simple thing.

I already have UI Camera with Canvas inside of it. So should I create my text there? Or should I create an empty object with text component added to it? Or is there an action which would create any text for me wherever I want? Sorry if it sounds stupid.. I just really need some heads up.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:48:21 PM by Neikke »

heavygunner

Re: How to make a Text popup?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 11:56:15 PM »
I also searching for this. Btw, found this one. I think, we can enable/disable actions to display score. or Have to animation. I didn't tried it yet. Check this https://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=9582.msg45480#msg45480

Neikke

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 04:56:19 AM »
heavygunner, to be honest didn't understand anything there, though I imported the project given in that post. The post is also quite outdated so not sure everything works as it should there.

UPDATE: sorry - me stupid. Forgot to import Playmaker. So it looks to be working actually. At least in a clean simple project. Gonna try it in my game to see if it works too! Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 05:26:18 AM by Neikke »

Neikke

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 01:37:43 AM »
Hey guys, I still need help with how to create a score popups similar to this but for mobile platforms:
Any heads up please?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: How to make Floating Scores?
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 04:44:28 AM »
Hi,

Your first stop is to check out the sample uGuiTextFollowGameObject on the Ecosystem.

it will give you all the keys to position a UI text or panel above a 3d object, then you can animate that object up easily by moving its position up.

Bye,

Jean

Neikke

Re: How to make Floating Scores?
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 12:48:06 PM »
Hi,

Your first stop is to check out the sample uGuiTextFollowGameObject on the Ecosystem.

it will give you all the keys to position a UI text or panel above a 3d object, then you can animate that object up easily by moving its position up.

Bye,

Jean

Thanks a lot Jean!

rizwanash

• Junior Playmaker
Re: How to make Floating Scores? [SOLVED]
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 04:01:46 PM »
The way i achieved this is i Animated an object (+1) with position, Scale properties and then simply spawn them on the right spot.