playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker integration with uniSWF  (Read 4429 times)

gangsta geek

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker integration with uniSWF
« on: September 03, 2012, 10:29:30 PM »
I dont know if this is possible but it would be great if Playmaker had actions that would work with uniSWF. I just bought the plugin and it's really powerful. I think you guys should seriously think about it.

http://uniswf.com/

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Playmaker integration with uniSWF
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 03:31:41 AM »
Hi,

That would indeed be awesome. Make yourself heard on this thread, the more people request it, the likely it will happen.

I will contact uniSWF to see if they are willing to participate.

In all cases, PM me to work out something if you need this urgently.

Bye,

Jean

clandestine

• ЯKD.ZONE
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 03:45:18 AM »
For 10 years i was a Flash animator and uniSWF looks great, until now 167 euro (+tax) was a little steep for me, but right now its on promotion at the asset store for 90 bucks. Im seriously contemplating it, but need to know if it will work with PlayMaker, if there is no integration yet at least is it possible to use them both together without getting conflict errors?

What do you guys think?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 04:11:05 AM »
Hi,

I am pretty sure PlayMaker and UniSWF will not have compatibility issues, but someone will have to spend the time building the custom actions to bind the two together.

but really, we are looking at receiving button events right? or how do you see UniSWF and PlayMaker work together?

bye,

Jean

buggie

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 02:56:26 AM »
99% of the people who would want this, are people looking for an easy way to create the mmo stile gui. If you make the plug ins mainly work to control the mmo ui example, this would be an excellent start.

Big idea would be to set up easy depth for each element from camera. Another would be to make it work with 3d cameras not just orthographic ones.
Have a new window available for on-screen placement of static gui elements, kinda like the mini camera that shows what the camera can see, where you can drag elements from the SWF to locations and it shows up there at run time. {resolution independent} (a small grid would work, 3x3)

Im just wishing and dreaming...