playMaker

Author Topic: uSequencer Events!  (Read 12859 times)

ArtOfSettling

• Playmaker Newbie
uSequencer Events!
« on: October 30, 2012, 03:26:01 AM »
Hello everyone,

ArtOfSettling here, the principal developer for uSequencer, Unity's best cutscene / scripted event creation tool!

We've developed four events for Playmaker that we hope you'll find useful!

• Play sequence
  • Play sequence At Time
  • Stop sequence
  • Set sequence Playback Time

You can download these wonderful events as a unity package, with the following link : Download Here!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 03:30:21 AM by ArtOfSettling »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: uSequencer Events!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 03:56:24 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for this! I have added the link to the user wiki.

bye,

Jean

ArtOfSettling

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 01:41:21 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for this! I have added the link to the user wiki.

bye,

Jean

Ack, I completely forgot about the wiki, thank you! :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 01:41:27 AM »
Hello,

Fine, I am keeping an eye on cool things to reference in the wiki for you :)

bye,

Jean

justifun

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 01:37:11 PM »
Just tried these actions out with the free version of usequencer and got this error

Assets/uSequencer/Third Party Packages/PlayMaker/USPlayMakerSendEvent.cs(6,37): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `USEventBase' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

ArtOfSettling

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 05:30:09 AM »
Hey guys,

We've updated our Unity package a while ago, and I forgot to post it here. You can download our package from our forum.

http://www.wellfired.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/PlayMaker.unitypackage

- Terry

wetcircuit

• wetcircuit.com
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 11:56:55 AM »
Hey guys,

We've updated our Unity package a while ago, and I forgot to post it here. You can download our package from our forum.

Ahh, sorry if this sounds like a cranky pet-peeve, but after downloading your package I discover I have like 4 different unity packages in my downloads folder called "playmaker.unitypackage" or similar, lol. Would it be possible for everyone to start using logical package names like "OurSoftware-Playmaker.unitypackage"?

Not trying to sound ungrateful  ;D and I have been trying out your uRecord trial which is just amazing! I am about to try your uSequencer, too. Thank you for the Playmaker actions!

justifun

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 12:41:42 PM »
Ok i think i have it all up and running with the free trial version now.

Question for you with the playmaker actions.  I'm attempting to add a "Send Event" action on the Event Timeline.  I clicked it and specified the name of the event in the "Event Name" Field.  But it doesnt seem to trigger any events in playmaker (i tried a global one and a local one.

Is the idea that as soon as it hits the send event section of the timeline that it either branches off a matching named event at the current state the object is in?

Did i miss another field i need to fill out?

Also is there a way to send an event on a different object? or does it only work with whichever sequence the current object is part of?

thanks

ArtOfSettling

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 08:31:36 PM »
Hey guys,

Ahh, sorry if this sounds like a cranky pet-peeve, but after downloading your package I discover I have like 4 different unity packages in my downloads folder called "playmaker.unitypackage" or similar, lol. Would it be possible for everyone to start using logical package names like "OurSoftware-Playmaker.unitypackage"?

Not trying to sound ungrateful  ;D and I have been trying out your uRecord trial which is just amazing! I am about to try your uSequencer, too. Thank you for the Playmaker actions!

Completely understand your point about naming conventions with packages, will be sure to resolve that! We're currently working on 2D Skeletal Spine integration, I'll be more carefully about naming conventions going forward.

Happy you're enjoying uRecord, we've been on the Asset Store for over a year now, so if you really like it, it would be super helpful if you could write us a nice review. :D

- Terry

ArtOfSettling

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 08:34:21 PM »
Ok i think i have it all up and running with the free trial version now.

Question for you with the playmaker actions.  I'm attempting to add a "Send Event" action on the Event Timeline.  I clicked it and specified the name of the event in the "Event Name" Field.  But it doesnt seem to trigger any events in playmaker (i tried a global one and a local one.

Is the idea that as soon as it hits the send event section of the timeline that it either branches off a matching named event at the current state the object is in?

Did i miss another field i need to fill out?

Also is there a way to send an event on a different object? or does it only work with whichever sequence the current object is part of?

thanks

Hey,

The point you make about the Affected Object is a design decision, it only works like that and it works like that intentionally, you can think of each AffectedObject as a bit of a black box, they work on themselves, but don't interact with one another, this is simply so that we can perform the undo / redo logic efficiently. Apologies about this inconvenience.

With regards to the send event, did you add the PlayMaker object from your scene?

If you've still not resolved this, give me a shout and I'll write a really simple step by step and post it up here.

:)

- Terry