playMaker

Author Topic: Scoring System Help [playable demo inside]  (Read 2685 times)

clandestine

• ЯKD.ZONE
Scoring System Help [playable demo inside]
« on: March 25, 2013, 06:30:46 AM »
OK guys, here is the deal:
i was designing a 3D skybox for a client (the background in the demo belongs to these cool people now )... anyway, as a structured procrastinator that i am (a good article about that) i got carried away and whipped this game for about 6~8 hours, graphics and all (except the sky-storm model, done the previous couple of days).

Entirely done with PM (except SWS used for the 'Anomaly' path) i just kept doing things with no direction at all and this is what came out.
The idea: There are 'generators' that need to be switched on by walking past them, BUT there is an otherworldly anomaly that switches them off... so its a little game of annoyance and regret for not having a BFG to stop the anomaly.

I need advice on how to proceed to make a very simple scoring system (As i spend most of my time doing graphics, my PlayMaker skills are advancing at a sloooow pace).

- Option one: there are 39 generators total, how can i create a counter of some kind that goes +1 or -1 depending on the number of red VS green. Once one of the adversaries reaches the 39, the level is over.

- Option two: same as above, but with a time limit... whoever has more when the timer is over, wins.

Please give me directions and advice on what PM actions are good for tackling the task!

Muchas gracias amigos... and of course here is the:

PLAYABLE GAME 5Mb web player

I don't have any idea if its even possible to win, but after i implement the scoring thanks to you guys, we will find out together.

A trillion thanks in advance!!!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 06:42:26 AM by clandestine »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Scoring System Help [playable demo inside]
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 06:54:09 AM »
Hi,

the scoring system inside your game is something you can build already, Saving the score somewhere online is another deal.

Do you want to just keep the score for a single player? or do you want the score to be hosted online?

Bye,

Jean

clandestine

• ЯKD.ZONE
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 08:32:51 AM »
Hi Jean,
well i just want to have conditions for winning and losing, also displaying the score (either with numbers or icons) while playing. I don't need to post it online or anything.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 01:17:44 AM »
Hi,

then you simply need to study the M2h examples I ported to playmaker, they features score management, especially the platform jumper, where I also save the highest score in the player prefs.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W890

bye,

Jean

clandestine

• ЯKD.ZONE
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 04:18:16 AM »
Thanks a lot for the advice Jean!
...stay tuned for an update!

A great day to you all!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:27:51 PM by clandestine »