playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker controlling 2DToolkit sprites[SOLVED]  (Read 3442 times)

Dashkin

• Playmaker Newbie
    • BiteyCastle
Playmaker controlling 2DToolkit sprites[SOLVED]
« on: April 09, 2013, 05:16:29 AM »
Hi, my project is a 2D scroller and some of the character animation will have relatively complex conditions for playing, so Playmaker looked to be an excellent solution for visualising and setting up the connections.

So I was hoping I could use Playmaker to setup a state machine for my animated sprite prefabs (created with 2DToolkit). The "2dAnimatedSprite" script on the prefabs contain variables for all the character states, e.g idle, walk, run, etc, and these are accessible from the inspector.

I'm having trouble getting the FSM to reference those states. While I've only just purchased Playmaker today and watched the YouTube tutorials, I have yet to read all of the documentation. Is what I'm trying to do possible with Playmaker?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 12:09:04 PM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Playmaker controlling 2DToolkit sprites
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 06:43:54 AM »
Hi,

It is certainly possible. I wrote a port of 2d toolkit so that you can work with 2d toolkit framework within playmaker.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W717

Bye,

Jean

Dashkin

• Playmaker Newbie
    • BiteyCastle
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 06:46:17 AM »
Hi Jean, thanks so much for the fast response and the amazing work on the port. I've installed the package and will play around with it. Looks fantastic :)

xhidnoda

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 03:15:20 PM »
Hi jeanfabre, just for inform...
All custom action of 2D Toolkit Custom Actions, except the folder "Animation" is corrupt.
I don't not why, but the only fast solucion for me is, clear all custom action from 2D toolkit Custom Action except the folder Animation.
This is because i will use only animation for now.
.....so just for inform.

xhidnoda

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 11:13:20 PM »
jeanfabre
PLS need help here.
when i add a custon action tk2d Play animation, "she" say:
GameObject requires tk2dAnimateSprite Componet (...)
So, click to add not problem and is work normally, but when add a second animation to another state of the same FSM then....repeats the message again and again (see the image attachment)
What is the problem? :o

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 11:17:28 PM »
Try adding the tk2d animated sprite component manually. It looks like maybe the auto add is adding the wrong tk2d component...? Sprite instead of Animated Sprite. But I haven't used 2D Toolkit enough to be sure, and not at a computer to test right now...

xhidnoda

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 11:25:00 PM »
I found the problem!
The other tk2d custom action i forget to replace tk2dAnimateSprite to tk2dSpriteAnimator
 :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
ooo God! feel like 5 years old

SOLVED