playMaker

Author Topic: Coral Reef PlayMaker Kit (FREE)  (Read 10489 times)

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
Coral Reef PlayMaker Kit (FREE)
« on: April 20, 2013, 02:38:43 AM »
Here's the 3rd PlayMaker Kit. And it's FREE! Download from my site.

Coral Reef is a Maze Chase Game Template built with Playmaker. It uses Astar FREE pathfinding for enemy movement. Nicely documented, this kit can be a great start for understanding A* pathfinding and making completely unique Maze Chase Game.

*PlayMaker is a Trademark of Hutong Games LLC
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 08:58:19 AM by Flying Robot »

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
Re: Coral Reef PlayMaker Kit (FREE)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 03:34:51 AM »
Important Notice :

I have submitted an Update for this package with PlayMaker Preview Version. And Unity Asset Store replied that they are not going to continue hosting this package at their store. The reason the cited is -

"As we mentioned before, this package is treading heavily in territory we aim to avoid. It is one thing to be utilizing Playmaker as a foundation but when you are then depending your project on an A*Pathfinding that is 3rd party as well as itween as well as integrating a free version of Playmaker; The current ratio of your content compared to outside content is not what we like to see.
I apologize but I'm going to be declining this update as well as disabling your Coral Reef package already on the store. If you are dedicated to this package in particular we would ask that you develop it in a manner that for the most part you can call it your own."

This is not cool! They approved this package before and suddenly deciding this. No major update, just the inclusion of the PlayMaker Preview Version, that too is under suggestion of Alex Chouls . I'm not going to make a itween or A* pathfinding system for this package only. It's absurd. This was a demonstration of how to use those FREE systems.

This package was quite popular and lots of PlayMaker users benefitted from this. I'm doing what I can in making this available again as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 03:54:26 AM »
Hi,

Yeah, I was actually very curious to see how it would be perceived to include the playmaker preview. I want one day to make ArrayMaker available on the asset store and I want to include the playmaker preview, but it's not going to be free, so that might also add another reason to get rejected... we'll see...

bye,

Jean

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 04:26:25 AM »
I don't think ArrayMaker would suffer the same fate.

It's really strange behavior from them. In case of complete projects, they are dependent on many third party systems. And using those systems for a game are itself worth knowing.

It seems they have a ratio of usage of third party software. And this ratio is undocumented and at par their perusal.

I know another excellent package that suffered because it included Photon and Couchbase.
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/151729-Battlemass-full-game

C'mon now, they don't want users to learn how to use Photon and Couchbase in a released game? I don't get it.

Now I must think a parallel way of distributing my packages. But there will be a 'visibility' problem if they are not on Unity Asset Store.

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 08:57:31 AM »
I've just opened up a forum section of my website.

Flying Robot Studios Forum

Just after registration you will get access to this FREE PlayMaker Kit. This Forum is going to be the destination of immediate support for the kits, tutorials for reverse engineering the kits into your own game, additional downloadable assets and contents.

The forum is brand new, so may have some loose ends, let me know if you face any problem downloading the kit.

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 04:41:36 AM »
Now the Kit got refused due to inclusion of Astar FREE with it. They suggested that I develop my own pathfinding.

On the second thought, is that really possible, to implement Astar in PlayMaker with FSMs? Theoretically, it should be.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 08:03:55 AM »
Hi,

Yes, It's totally possible, but involving of course. Have you looked at Kiriri playmaker port of A*, maybe you could use that instead?

bye,

Jean

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 10:07:59 AM »
Ya, that port is just awesome. Used it in Warfront Defenders prototype and still using it in other projects. But that's utilizing the arongranberg libraries.

I was wondering if it's possible to make a astar pathfinding system from scratch using PlayMaker only, with addition of ArrayMaker at most.

Wondering if it's possible, even for a maze chase game.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 01:31:13 AM »
Hi,

Well, I would say yeah in theory. Practically, no. Implementing complex algorythms in playmaker may not be the best idea. Tho as a school project, definitly a cool idea.

It depends how far you want to take it of course.

bye,

Jean

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 08:06:01 AM »
Why did they accept the other paid kit with Astar Free but they wont accept a free asset with Astar Free?

Makes no sense..
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 08:18:16 AM »
I don't know.  :(

Though I asked for some clarifications on this... it seems like it's their store and their policies and they can do this.

I didn't see this coming. Never wanted my assets to go anywhere but the Asset Store. The store has awesome visibilty and I myself like buying from it. But, now it seems like I don't have any other option but to open another storefront. I'm sick of waiting for approval and their 'declined' email after 2 weeks.

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 08:34:03 AM »
A lot of people seem to have the same complaints as you on the store. =/

It may simply be because you have an odd asset, you're submitting kits built within a 3rd party extension (dependencies) that include other free assets from various sources. It's a licensing mess for the reviewer to validate everything and be sure theres nothing proprietary or protected that the submitter doesn't have redist rights to included in the pack in addition to reviewing the other aspects of the kit and making sure it works.

Anyway, not really trying to take sides, I can see how they might be a little hesitant on approving some things. Being inconsistent is not good though, that is bad for developers because they're relying on that consistency in approval.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 08:43:22 AM »
Yes, that must be it. Redistribution rights and all that. But I want to hear from them and their take on this.

All I asked for is a clear guideline. On what's allowed and what's not. That way I will not be wasting their time, let alone mine.

Appood

• Playmaker Newbie
    • http://www.hermitagejewelers.com/sell-rolex.aspx
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2013, 04:30:40 AM »
I tried the game it doesnt work am i missing any thing

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2013, 09:09:43 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for trying the kit.

What is not working? The WebPlayer? or the Unity Package? Last time I checked it was working perfectly.

Let me know.