playMaker

Author Topic: Physics explosion/bounce after unpausing.  (Read 2905 times)

jayhfd

• Junior Playmaker
Physics explosion/bounce after unpausing.
« on: May 27, 2013, 12:44:44 AM »
I am having the same issue this guy has had: http://answers.unity3d.com/answers/463795/view.html

My physics objects 'explode' off of other objects they're touching after I unpause.

He says he fixed it by "not changing the fixedDeltaTime at all while pausing with Time.timeScale". I have tried checking and unchecking "Adjust Fixed Delta Time" on my FSM, but neither works.

What am I missing? Thanks for any help.
Regards,
Jay

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Physics explosion/bounce after unpausing.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 01:12:32 AM »
Hi,

Looked like you find the answer? I checked the QA link or are you still struggling with this?

bye,

Jean

jayhfd

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 01:53:05 AM »
That was my workaround for now, yeah, but that solution breaks other things/causes other problems.

Is there some form of access I need to fixed delta time that playmaker doesn't have?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 01:49:55 AM »
Hi,

Not sure what you mean by fixed delta time, you can get the delta time using the action "Get time info".

bye,

Jean

jayhfd

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 08:05:22 AM »
The guy in Answers post says he fixed it by "not changing the fixedDeltaTime at all while pausing with Time.timeScale". This seems to be the equivalent of just leaving that fixeddeltatime box unchecked in playmaker, when setting time scale to zero, is that right?