playMaker

Author Topic: Photon Demo Chat List  (Read 2504 times)

Fletch

• Junior Playmaker
    • SneakOnTheLot.com
Photon Demo Chat List
« on: June 21, 2013, 02:53:30 PM »
I've been messing around with the chat function on the photon demo for about a week now.  It's quite a nice little system.  I'm having a few issues that perhaps someone can walk me through.

I'm trying to make the user list of people in the room flow vertically rather than horizontally.  I've read just about everything there is to read on the subject.  I've looked at the corner pinning demo and it works nicely.  But when it comes to those buttons which come with Photon GUILayout ToolBarWith Players, those things refuse to line up vertically.  could someone double check me and make sure I'm not smoking something?

Next, I'm unclear as to how the messages can be cleared.  I can clear them by changing the variable to "" and pushing that up, but it cleared out everyone's chat all at the same time.  How would this be done in Playmaker?

Anyone?

Fletch

• Junior Playmaker
    • SneakOnTheLot.com
Re: Photon Demo Chat List
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 03:11:33 PM »
Also, I've made a new input button called, Send Message, which sends the text within the chat input textfield.

Bummer part is that it only sends it when the input field isn't focused on.  If it is focused then it just adds a carriage return to the input box. 

This doesn't work very well cause you have to click the input box to type a messages, then click someplace else, just so you can press return.  What would be the workaround for that one?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Photon Demo Chat List
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 03:14:34 AM »
Hi,

I created a custom actions to catch enter key. that's what you need here.

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=4010.msg18700#msg18700

bye,

Jean