playMaker

Author Topic: Photon View[SOLVED]  (Read 5990 times)

Zeathlar

• Playmaker Newbie
Photon View[SOLVED]
« on: October 14, 2013, 09:39:02 PM »
So far everything involving photon is working. The only thing That isn't working syncing variables across the network. My "Photon View" script is "Observing: unityengine.Transform" while in the demo scene that is provided is "Observing: PlaymakerFSM" I don't know if that is what the problem is, but this is all I need to do now. Then everything should be fine in multiplayer. I also have a "Play maker Photon game object proxy (script)" on my player object.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 01:11:33 AM by jeanfabre »

Swift_Illusion

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Midnight Tinkering
Re: Photon View
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 10:10:48 PM »
What you need to do is drag the FSM that contains the variables you want to synch to the "Observe" area in the Photon View Script.
Also make sure in the Variable area of the FSM you have ticked "Network Synch" for the variables you want synched over the network.

Zeathlar

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 12:40:17 PM »
Hmm, I have tried what you have said. It does work, but still the player is not moving across the network. I might have to dig some more to figure this out. Thanks for you help though

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 01:56:26 AM »
Hi,

synchronizinh variables doesn't mean it's going to move the player for you. you are not observing the transform here ( on which case you would get transform synchronized and therefore automatic movement synchronization).

here you have to write and read the synchronized fsm variable, if you are the owner of the component you write the position of the player and if you are not the owner, you read that position and force the player to be there.

Have you studied the playmaker sample for photon? It's all there.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W928

bye,

Jean

Zeathlar

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 01:13:49 PM »
Thanks Jean,

Yeah I figured it out. It was something simple that I missed when reviewing the sample. I just missed the "Vector3 Lerp" in the State. When I put it in, everything started working  :P

Thanks