playMaker

Author Topic: Using Playmaker for more than just games?  (Read 2394 times)

IceMaker

• Playmaker Newbie
Using Playmaker for more than just games?
« on: January 06, 2014, 01:39:11 AM »
One of Unity's most impressive features is the publishing to multiple devices.

I'm thinking of funding a bitcoin wallet app that can be used by merchants and restaurants to list their goods and services on this app, the customer selects what they want before even arriving at the store, and by the time they arrive it is ready. With food when your done eating instead of calling over a waitress just select the option and they know to visit your table. Another button to "Get Receipt" which saves a copy to the smartphone and prints it off at the front counter.

It would be convenient and perhaps not too difficult for development and be released to the various smartphones.

What do you think?

I've been using playmaker for awhile but not entirely confident on my own abilities but more importantly would want to get it developed quickly so I could be more involved in the marketing and getting customer and store acceptance.

Is this a crazy idea that should be done by seasoned java developers, or is there a way to make it stable and secure?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Using Playmaker for more than just games?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 08:34:51 AM »
Hi,

that's a very good idea actually, because indeed Unity is incredible in terms of reach, so indeed it make sense to use Unity even for non 3 project. That's totally fine.

for this, you will need to concentrate on finding the best 2d interface frameworks for your needs, Ngui, 2d toolkit are very good, but lots of them are available.

bye,

Jean

colpolstudios

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 10:06:31 AM »
One of Unity's most impressive features is the publishing to multiple devices.

I'm thinking of funding a bitcoin wallet app that can be used by merchants and restaurants to list their goods and services on this app, the customer selects what they want before even arriving at the store, and by the time they arrive it is ready. With food when your done eating instead of calling over a waitress just select the option and they know to visit your table. Another button to "Get Receipt" which saves a copy to the smartphone and prints it off at the front counter.

It would be convenient and perhaps not too difficult for development and be released to the various smartphones.

What do you think?

I've been using playmaker for awhile but not entirely confident on my own abilities but more importantly would want to get it developed quickly so I could be more involved in the marketing and getting customer and store acceptance.

Is this a crazy idea that should be done by seasoned java developers, or is there a way to make it stable and secure?

Personally I think this is a great idea, I was thinking possibly supermarkets might be intrested in something like this.

With everyone watching how much money we have to spend would it be possible to scan products as you purchase them.

Total money spent would be available to the customer before they reach the check-out.

Qute possibly just a mad idea

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 10:11:27 AM »
I've thought about some stuff like this as well, my wife always wants me to make some weird phone apps that do miscellaneous things.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D