playMaker

Author Topic: Making objects levitate.  (Read 4289 times)

coffeeANDsoda

Making objects levitate.
« on: February 25, 2014, 12:05:45 AM »
How does that work, because I would like to have objects float in the air like in sea combat or space sim.

Breadman

• Derp
Re: Making objects levitate.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 03:06:57 AM »
Disable their rigidbody components, and they will be unaffected by gravity. 3D forms can be placed within Unity and will remain stationary if physics are not involved!  ;D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 03:12:07 AM »

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 03:40:53 AM »
Disable their rigidbody components, and they will be unaffected by gravity. 3D forms can be placed within Unity and will remain stationary if physics are not involved!  ;D

Being that Use Gravity is disabled and constraints are enabled for all three axis on Freeze Position and Rotation? I'd like to know if theirs a way to have objects levitating in a way where the player can bounce off of them without any scripting. Just thought, it would be neat to do that solely in playmaker.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 05:05:03 AM »
Hi,

ok, that's different. Then simply have a rigidbody with a spring itself attached to the world, then you have your setup, no programming involved at all here.

The example below is a particle collision system and it works by showing particles colliding at a cube behaving I think like how you want, check it out.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1141

bye,

Jean