playMaker

Author Topic: oberon's court is coming to steam (yey)  (Read 4817 times)

muppetpuppet

• Junior Playmaker
oberon's court is coming to steam (yey)
« on: April 06, 2014, 07:09:41 AM »
So Oberon's court has been approved by steam, and will now be the launching platform.  I'm going to turn everything around by this, as its a great opportunity.So its gonna be a while before the game enters the store proper or even early acces(still discussing this option).

So that's some good news I'm really happy to share. I had some luck and got introduced to the right people, but I think its good news in general and with the foreshadowed end of greenlight,they might really be opening up even more to indies.. 

Anyway, I'd just thought to post this here, as I could never have gotten as far as I have without playmaker. So Thanks guys, And I hope Obeon's Court when it comes out will also be a good showcase for your awesome kit.

So don't know if there's other playmaker using devs that are already in steam and have done the steamworks integration. But would be good to hear how it went/any tips?  (guessing there aren't any steamworks playmaker bindings, or i'll have to get someone to help code them)

cheerio, tomas

marcos

• 1.2 Beta
Re: oberon's court is coming to steam (yey)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 09:15:32 AM »
Congratulations!

So, what was the actual process with getting approved to publish on steam? You mention you got introduced to the right people but was there an actual process to follow or something?

Mark

muppetpuppet

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 12:08:26 PM »
really quite quickly it all happened.. some valve guys got shown some videos and screens,they checked out my greenlight concepts page(not the real greenlight mind you), and my skyrim mod in the steam workshop. 

I got introduced over email, and got invited with my AppId waiting for me at the steamworks partner site.  It was really quite quick..I even had to email the valve rep if everything was now good to go with announcing this, cuz I couldn't believe it.;)  I now have to finish the game, get a build and all the steamworks stuff finished and integrated, then contact them for a final review and planning for release.  Early access is also something they advised.   

really I think basically If they look at your game and it looks sell-able, they'll just let you in.. Its a matter of business, they need games to sell.

I'm also 37 years old, and a bit of a veteran(although OC is my first indie-game), that might help as well, they sort of expect me to have some funds for marketing and the experience to get it done, at least that's my guess.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 12:19:09 PM »
Hi,

You deserve it man, well done. I am sure you will do very well on steam and further.

bye,

Jean

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 12:58:25 PM »
Wow congrats, very cool news!!

It's really cool to see it happening so close in the community. Keep us posted with updates if you have time or when you author new videos for it =) I love keeping up with these sorts of things.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

muppetpuppet

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 01:36:25 PM »
No problem, I'll keep you posted as this is just the start of the steam journey. 

Its also a whole new level of pressure. I'm now francticly trying to find some extra free time to get it all done ;)

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 01:55:19 AM »
Wow! This is super awesome. Very well deserved! I believe this would be the first playMaker based game on Steam (I may be wrong).

Anyway, you are my role model for now! :)

I'm working the hell out with my game and my initial target is desktop through steam. I don't know if I'll be able to make it good enough to get them interested though.

Right now, I'm super charged because of your success at this. Thanks and keep us posted.

Breadman

• Derp
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 03:51:01 AM »
I agree with Flying Robot. Role model status achieved!

Bjakuja

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 02:50:38 AM »
Congratulations man, you deserved that ;)
I tried with with previous team one game on Steam green light but team failed and we couldn't get green light but i am glad that someone actually did get which is amazing. I hope my next game will be worth but i have to choose team carefully this time :) . Wish you all the luck ;)