playMaker

Author Topic: Better Wiki / help for the difficult actions  (Read 2480 times)

Bqlqzs

• Junior Playmaker
Better Wiki / help for the difficult actions
« on: April 10, 2014, 03:48:26 AM »
Hello

I think, Im not beginner in playmaker, I have a complett custom multiplayer game, and I develop this over half-year.

But sometimes I find a difficult action, and I think some other users also cant found any normal help, example, example image, or anything about HOW can use the targeted action.

The playmaker wiki is ok... But it is ONLY write the same information what everybody can read from the editor.

Not have more new information, not have information about how work this difficult action in real, so how can I set up, or havent any example for usage.

Example the "PhotonNetworkGetNextRoomProperties" action.
It is not a simple action...
I try to understand this action over more than 1.5 month..

I search this lot of time in google, youtube, and everywhere, but I cant fin any normal example or just one little screenshoot, how it work in real or just one example for the setup, or situation...

Please give just more +some hour, for create minimum 1 screenshoot, or anything for the difficult actions.

It does not require a lot of time and does not cost anything
and SAVE lot of time for the Playmaker Support Team and the Users!

not need every action, but have lot of difficult, complex action what need more instruction for usage.

(and if I can help in this, I can help for free, cause I also suffer with one action over lot of time...)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Better Wiki / help for the difficult actions
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 04:36:23 AM »
Hi,

It's coming! I am working on a custom action browser that aims at addressing this both to become convenient for the end user and practical from the development and management side. So it will be easier to link up automatically actions and micro samples.

As for this action in particular, there is indeed a working example, PlayMaker integration in Photon comes with a working sample, and this action is used. More on this on your related thread.

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=4575.msg34075#msg34075

Also, for this kind of actions, a micro samples and a screenshot is just no enough, the implications are so vast that a proper sample is required here, so indeed, it's a lot more difficult to pick up then say a simple "float operation" type of actions.

Bye,

Jean