playMaker

Author Topic: Ecosystem: Custom Actions/samples Browser v0.6.11 [April 2021]  (Read 36870 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi Everyone,

Ok!!! so finally, finally, I have a mature enough system to give it to you, it's very early in development stage and potential, but it will already be very useful and dramatically increase productivity and exposure of all the custom actions that where and will be developed and shared to the community.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1181

This browser is an online browser, it doesn't search in your projects, it searches in various github public repositories.  you don't need to copy paste code, create new files, messing with manual downloads from various places, then drag files into the assets folder. Now it's all embedded and easy to add new custom actions!!

Feedback more then welcome!! More will come, both in terms of content as well as features.

Follow the rss feed to keep track of what's new. Everytime new actions will be made available, it will be notified on this rss feed,

http://feeds.feedburner.com/PlaymakerEcosystem

Bye,

Jean
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 04:32:16 AM by jeanfabre »

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Ecosystem: Custom Actions Browser [MAY 2014]
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 08:15:28 AM »
Much needed, and its looking great! =)
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

TrentSterling

• Junior Playmaker
  • Someday I'll make games!
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 05:42:58 PM »
That is awesome! Is there an official repo it pulls from? Will submitting actions on the forums be enough to be added to the list?

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 08:44:02 PM »
It's like Christmas!!! Thanks Jean!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 03:21:10 AM »
Hi,

It's not "official" per say, I am hosting the repositories for now. Currently I use two repositories, they are public and hosted by Github. I only work with github on this ecosystem because I use their rest api to search repositories ( eh eh :) )

https://github.com/jeanfabre/PlayMakerCustomActions_U3
https://github.com/jeanfabre/PlayMakerCustomActions_U4

Currently, adding new actions is a manual process with no wizard or editing tools to help along the process, hopefully one day it will be integrated. So for now, I have to manually add new actions for them to become available. I plan on actively add actions as we go along. Any new request for a custom action that I would provide will be hosted now there.

Keep using the action request of the section forum to shout for new stuff, that's the best way today, maybe I'll add a form within the ecosystem to submit requests, that would be for sure convenient.

If you want to participate to the effort of publishing to these repositories, they are public, get in touch with me, and I'll show you how to do it. There is only few things to be aware of and your work will be available within the ecosystem.

Bye,

Jean

Dev_Sebas

• 1.2 Beta
    • Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 02:08:13 PM »
Jean
It´s system is very useful.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 02:18:35 PM by Sebastião »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Re: Ecosystem: Custom Actions Browser v0.4.0 [December 2014]
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 03:14:53 AM »
Hi,

New version is out, with many many improvments and new features:

• access to samples
  • access to templates
  • access to packages
  • documentation and video links

Check the first post on this thread for more info.

Bye,

Jean

HendrikB

• Playmaker Newbie
  • In love with Playmaker
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 04:16:12 AM »
Hi Jean,

Thanks for this release and for all your hard work with adding functionality to Playmaker. I am new to the forums but have been using Unity and Playmaker for many weeks now and am loving it. I especially want to say thanks for the Unity 2d actions and Arraymaker, both are excellent as well :)

Merry Christmas!

Regards,
Hendrik

TBrayner

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2014, 07:52:03 PM »
Hi,

• access to samples
  • access to templates
  • access to packages
  • documentation and video links

Check the first post on this thread for more info.

Bye,

Jean
Hi Jean, do you know if there is any problem to this new Ecosystem recognize Playmaker bought directly from Playmaker's site?
I bought my playmaker directly on the site, and after I installed this new ecosystem, I receive the message that I need to have playmaker installed to work... But I already have it, I tryed to restart, reinstall playmaker, but seems like this new ecosystem only recognize Playmaker bought by AssetStore.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2014, 09:53:44 AM »
Hi,

uhm, there is no difference between the asset store version and the bought version.

but it could be that you are using an old version, what version of PlayMaker are you using?

Do you work with PlayMaker on that project already? or is it a fresh install?

Bye,

Jean

TBrayner

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 10:35:23 PM »
[UPDATE]

I created a new project and now the ecosyste, is working.. On my already created I don't figured out how to make it work.

---

Sorry I did not see your answer...
I'm using the latest version of playmaker and Unity 4.5.
And my project already was using playmaker and the previous version of ecosystem.

now I'm receiving this message.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 11:12:58 PM by TBrayner »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 01:40:00 AM »
Hi,

Ok, I think it would be good if we can organize a online meeting with TeamViewer so that I can see whats' wrong on your end. It doesn't make sense from here :)

http://www.teamviewer.com/

also, meanwhile can you tell me the exact playmaker version you have ( using the PlayMaker menu/About PlayMaker version is at the bottom of that popup)

Bye,

Jean

MS80

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 06:04:09 PM »

Thank you so much Jean! Ecosystem got even more useful!

LogLady

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2015, 04:45:40 PM »
Is there plans to integrate the ecosystem in the playmaker instalation package?
So it will be already available everytime we install the playmaker package on a project. Sometimes I keep pressing Alt+E on a fresh project hoping to open the ecosystem but it only opens the edit menu...  :P :-[

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 10:15:08 AM »
Hi,

I don't think the ecosystem is going to be part of PlayMaker official package in the short term, I have developed this in the hope that it will become a standard and could well become solid enough for PlayMaker to study the possibility to include it officially. It needs a lot of work still to reach its full potential, I estimate that only 20% of the potential is currently exploited in terms of feature... so indeed lots of work remaining.

What I have done is create a shortcut to package on my computer on my desktop and so it's easy to just add it.

typically, you can also put it in the standard assets so that it becomes listed in the unity menu, but I haven't tried that, do you want me to investigate?

also, just checked the states, Ecosystem traffic just reached 20K visits!! that's since it's launch in April 2014. Traffic growth is linear, with this monthly traffic increased by 20% :) , and the split between search and download is 50/50 so it means each search ruffly equals one download, which I think is a good ratio and means people are getting what they search for in average. So this is very promising!

Bye,

Jean