playMaker

Author Topic: ArrayMaker - ArrayList Send Events to Game Objects not working[SOLVED]  (Read 2670 times)

jwbarry

• Playmaker Newbie
FSM1 on my object does a trigger enter event that adds all colliding objects to a game object array.
I have a Array List Send Event to Game Objects node setup in FSM2 that's triggered every X period of time.

This doesn't currently work. When I go to select the Send Event, it only lists events that are local to this fsm and not the list of global events. If I give this object the global event I want to fire I then get red text that indicates "Event not used by this state or any global transition."

I attempted to shortcut this by using the workaround stated here:
http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=2952.0
which removes the red text however upon running the fsm gets to this action and then just sits on it.

If I add a transition out of this node with the event I want and connect it to another node within this FSM then it will proceed, however none of the objects that are in the array appear to get the event.

I'm not sure if I'm using the action incorrectly or there's something deeper that's not quite working right.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 06:49:05 AM by jeanfabre »

jwbarry

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: ArrayMaker - ArrayList Send Events to Game Objects not working
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 02:57:36 PM »
After some digging I think we've found what all is going wrong here.
I'm not going to mark it solved yet since we had to update the code and I want to make sure it gets noticed to get in the real version.

There were 3 code updates we made.
First was to add the stuff from the workaround to get rid of the red text.
Second was to update the targeting of the send event to make sure it went to the guy in the array list. In sendEventToGO it is passing in the GameObject as _go but never using it anywhere below. We changed
owner.GameObject.Value = this.Owner;
to
owner.GameObject.Value = _go;

Third, was to fix the event never completing by updating OnEnter to add a Finish(); after DoSendEvent();

seems to be in working order now and doing what I believe was initially intended of it.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 04:17:41 PM »
Hi,

Ouchm, sorry about this mess. I'll update the action for the next build. Thanks for digging all this properly, much appreciated :)

Bye,

Jean

beaumint

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 12:38:40 AM »
This is the one I meant to reply to!

Was this ever fixed?  Mine still doens't allow me to choose global events, just local ones.
Thanks!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 06:48:53 AM »
Hi,

yes, this is all fixed.

Bye,

Jean