playMaker

Author Topic: Question: New Unity GUI actions (4.6 and 5.X)  (Read 17283 times)

lukew

• Playmaker Newbie
Question: New Unity GUI actions (4.6 and 5.X)
« on: August 12, 2014, 05:17:09 PM »
Hello,

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think that I saw a post here that you have an access to the new releases betas.

Can you tell us anything about the actions for the new GUI that is coming in Unity 4.6 and 5.0? Are you planning to release them soon after the new version is available or maybe it is not important task on the actual roadmap?

Thanks!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Question: New Unity GUI actions (4.6 and 5.X)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 11:50:05 AM »
Hi,

It is indeed an important task for PlayMaker. I am not sure what are the plans as far as integration within PlayMaker, but support will be available because the current UI system from Unity is really difficult to deal with especially for non coders and within PlayMaker, so we all should embrace this uGUI as soon as it's out. I have toyed with it to get an overview, but it's very raw and still lacks a lot of documentation, I hope we'll hear a lot about this at Unite :)

All in all, we will finally be able to treat 2d as gameobjects and behavioers in their owne rights, that's going to be a lot better and powerfull then the previous system ( which was very powerful, only left in the starting block it seems, and definitly oriented toward the IDE of Unity, all inspectors are using this current UI system, so I think it's going to stay for a while anyway).

Bye,

JEan

LudlowFx

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 11:40:13 PM »
I hope my English will not be too horrible to comprehend for what I intended to say. I sometimes struggle to understand some phrases in English, so maybe said some parts. If this is the case sorry.

I thought the integration of uGUI2 (UGUI 4.6) in PlayMaker. Instead of recreating all the new possibilities of the new GUI to replace the old, why not remove the creation of GUI in PlayMaker and to replace it with a system of communication and event dedicated ? 

Let me explain. I think that integrating all the new opportunities will be really hard and very long. On the other hand, focus on new actions to interact since PlayMaker on the new options would not it be more simple ?

That way, users create their GUI in Unity itself and could interact on its options, actions, interactions, etc. since PlayMaker.

It's only a matter of course, hoping that someone managed to figure out how I imagine the thing.

I think it is easier. After maybe in reality, for you it is not as much as I think.

Best regards

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 08:38:44 AM »
Hi,

the new event system will hopefully be supported by PlayMaker in a intuitive way, but it's challenging, so finger crossed here. But we still need to provide custom actions to access properties, events and user actions is only one aspect of the gui work, you'll still need to control a lot of the UI elements properties via regular "action" as opposed to events.

Bye,

Jean

ssk9208

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 10:27:57 PM »
It is out!
The EventSystem works with PlayMaker. We can send events to FSMs using the buttons.
Any updates on this? @jeanfabre

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 01:42:30 AM »
Hi,

No, the Event system is not yet available for PlayMaker ( as far as I am aware), only the built in set of actions called from the UI component themselves ( OnClick, on Value Change, etc).

Yes, we can send events to Fsm from a Ui Buttons. Check this youtube playlist to learn more about hwo to make this happens. You'll need also this package.

EventSystem is coming next.

Bye,

Jean

DeepShader

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 05:41:55 PM »
So there's still no PlayMaker support for uGUI?

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 05:58:54 PM »
So there's still no PlayMaker support for uGUI?

We have a lot of forum topics, video tutorials, actions and the Proxy for it.
http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=8864.0
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1192
http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=8452.0

You can also do literally anything with the new UI system via the two actions Get Property and Set Property without using any custom UI actions or the Proxy.

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=9273
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

9TOFRIDAY

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 04:13:38 AM »
Hey guys

where can i find out how to use the new system with unity 5? the release not says that it now has support for it. or must i continue using the proxy?

thanks

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 07:05:47 AM »
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 08:08:10 AM »
Hi,

I am currently wrapping a new update, and it will feature all actions in the package, so that you get them all in one go ( you'll have the option to do so or simply get the proxy).

Bye,

Jean

gheeDough

• Playmaker Newbie
    • indie game school
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 12:43:45 AM »
Magnifique, Jean! Merci!  8)

gateway

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2015, 05:09:53 PM »
any ideas on when this update might come out, its the middle of june right now.. or a beta we can try?