playMaker

Author Topic: Android Native - SOMEONE please test!!! [SOLVED]  (Read 4336 times)

jess84

Android Native - SOMEONE please test!!! [SOLVED]
« on: September 17, 2014, 02:41:10 PM »
I am at wits end with Android Native and Stan's assets. After 6 months of test actions, reporting bugs, getting updates, confirming that some are fixed, others are partially fixed, other completely broken.  6 month of this crap.

I can't be the only person using Android Native.

The main issue is Purchase & Consume playmaker action which now partially works.  If you use the action, it buys the item - but does not progress to the Success transition, and is not consumed.  Trying that action again results in an error.

However if you quit your app, restart, and then perform that action again, it immediately consumes and transitions to success. (e.g. finishes the process that you initiated last time, it doesn't bring up the 'buy' process)

So in order to successfully buy and consume an item you need to press your button, go through the purchase procedure with google play, QUIT your game, relaunch it, press your button again.

It may seem like that's terrible - but that's major progress from a few months ago.

Seriously, I can't be the only person using Android Native on here can I??!

I'm at the point of just saying screw this, getting a refund and just forgetting about IAPs on Android.

It doesn't help that Stan's English isn't that great, but I muddled through it. But now he's just saying "It should work" and offering no solutions. This is despite clear logcat files, FSM screenshots and good descriptions.

Anyone?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 08:18:18 AM by jess84 »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Android Native - SOMEONE please test!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 09:46:33 AM »
Hi,

I don't have an android device myself... sorry :) I need to get one but it gives me allergy. I acquired a windows phone  for development an test=> crap... I have a blackberry for dev and test=> crap and I fear that android is going to be the same deal...  :)

Is the google tv feature iap?

Bye,

Jean

serenefox

• Serenefox Games
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 04:43:48 PM »
@jess84:

I just finished my game with Android Native, but when I saw your post I was worried. But after completion of my in game store which uses 1 managed item and 4 unmanaged items, everything seems to work. I used just the "purchase" action with the managed item, and the "purchase and consume" action with the unmanaged items, all events fired normally for me.

Are you still having this problem?

The only other thing I have in my project is iOS Native because this was a port from an iOS version. I don't know if this is a factor(I doubt it but I don't know for sure).
Most Recent Published Games:
Juicy Theater - Android

jess84

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 06:21:09 PM »
'Purchase and Consume' was the problematic action.

My issues seem to have been solved by deleting and reinstalling the Billing SDK.

kendallmcklm75

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 11:12:04 PM »
'Purchase and Consume' was the problematic action.

My issues seem to have been solved by deleting and reinstalling the Billing SDK.

Seem to be having the same issue.  Tried deleting and reinstalling billing SDK as well but didn't fix it. Did you do something else before it? 

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 12:36:18 AM »
Hi,

can yI mark this post title as solved. I too think it's bit much and likely put peoples off even trying.

Typically, I would suggest making threads titles with more information on what is the problem, for example in this case, purchases, not just a global OS issue.

Thanks Jess84 to let us know you actually found a solution, that's good to know.

Bye,

Jean

jess84

Re: Android Native - SOMEONE please test!!! [SOLVED]
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 08:19:49 AM »
I'll mark this as solved for now, but I'd really recommend someone officially test ALL of the actions. I'm only using some of them, and most are now working. It's been a long frustrating process. There may be others that don't work well, or are buggy.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 06:19:29 PM »
Hi,

I don't have an android device myself... sorry :) I need to get one but it gives me allergy. I acquired a windows phone  for development an test=> crap... I have a blackberry for dev and test=> crap and I fear that android is going to be the same deal...  :)

Is the google tv feature iap?

Bye,

Jean

sorry but i just had to reply.... windows phone and and blackberry are something way different than Android... windows phone is still trying to get somewhere (and probably never will) , blackberry is dying.... Google's Android mobile operating system had a 78% share of all users globally in Q4 2013 for that reason alone i think you should get an android device for testing :)
i am using a Ipad Mini And galaxy tab 3 8.0 for def and testing (and some android phones) and they work fine for me. i don't know how windows and blackberry work
as i never used them.

on Mac and pc you just have to install Android SDK and you can build and run you app on the device

the nice thing on android devices is that you have developer options you can get this by going to :settings / about tablet (or phone) then click multiple times on build number

anyways i do think you need to get 1 :D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Re: Android Native - SOMEONE please test!!! [SOLVED]
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 01:27:10 AM »
Hi,

agree, I need to get a device...

Bye,

Jean