playMaker

Author Topic: Photon not working on my Mac, the demo or otherwise..  (Read 6010 times)

kanae

• Junior Playmaker
Photon not working on my Mac, the demo or otherwise..
« on: November 03, 2014, 12:19:32 AM »
Hello,

Photon creates rooms fine on my PC, but when I port my project to my mac, it fails to create a room.

When I load the Playmaker Photon demo I get the same error.  "Create room failed.  Client is not on Master Server or not ready to call operations."

Any help would be appreciated, I just spent the day getting Unity and video streaming to work on my mac and now...  I can't do the stream if I can't get Photon running :/
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 12:33:38 AM by kanae »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Photon not working on my Mac, the demo or otherwise..
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 03:05:50 AM »
Hi,

First, is everything green in the Photon setup Wizard?

If the demo if not working it's most likely that you need to first seutp your app id within the Photon setup wizard to ewnable communicattion with your app on the photon cloud.

Bye,

Jean

kanae

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 03:28:34 AM »
Hey Jean,

Yes my setup wizard is set up correctly, it also says scene is setup correctly.  I tried re-importing the newest Photon Playmaker files but I'm still getting the same error.  I'm also using the most up to date Playmaker installation.

kanae

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 04:16:58 AM »
I just tried a fresh project install of just Playmaker and the Photon Playmaker install, I noticed this warning: 

Assets/Photon Unity Networking/UtilityScripts/TestBase.cs(33,23): warning CS0618: `PhotonNetwork.CreateRoom(string, bool, bool, int)' is obsolete: `Use overload with RoomOptions and TypedLobby parameters.'

Still getting the same error as before when I install the demo sample on this fresh project

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 10:08:46 AM »
Hello,

I make my project on a mac and when I build a windows version sometimes I get weird builds - not connecting or not instantiating a player.

My workaround to fix this:

- Select The Build platform in Build Settings
- wait for Unity to compile scripts
- Save project and re-run Unity
- when loaded, run it in Play mode
- wait to scene to load and exit Play mode
- then build the project

I dont know if this helps, but in my case I have noticed Unity needs to load some background scripts (my non-programmer guess) or something with a fresh run. Thats why I re-run Unity and enter/exit Play mode and it works for me :)

---

About the "Obsolete error" I read somewhere here on forums not to worry about them for now, I get those too they are just spam for now from Photon sample assets.

kanae

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 02:38:09 PM »
Thanks for the tips 600 but I tried those exact steps you listed for me...  Unfortunately I get the same error, and the same warning...

Also you mention ignoring the warning...  Except...  The only warning I get has to do with creating a room, the exact thing that Unity is refusing to do...  Isn't that weird?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 02:58:33 PM by kanae »

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 03:36:43 PM »
Another idea:

Maybe your pc is faster than mac and mac tries to create a room while not finished to connect to Photon servers (lobby)?

kanae

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 04:44:59 PM »
I tried a ten second wait time after it connects to Photon, but that did nothing...

It just refuses to join the lobby.  On my PC after photon connects it joins the lobby, but not on my mac.

I bit the bullet and tried updating to the latest version of Unity on the mac but the problem is still the same.

I guess I'll have to get the lobby to join via scripting, because the playmaker join lobby doesn't look like it's going to work for me.

kanae

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 05:23:36 PM »
Ok I'm connecting to Photon on my mac using a basic script, that connects and joins the lobby.  But I was never able to get it to join the lobby using Playmaker, it would connect but not join the lobby.

Not sure what the deal is but a basic script works for now

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 02:42:24 AM »
Hi,

maybe you are already in a room?

Is the demo working? both the PlayMaker version and the official version?

Bye,

Jean

kanae

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 03:15:41 PM »
Unfortunately no I never got the Playmaker demo to work.  Through playmaker it would connect to Photon but not join the lobby, or at least not get the callback for it.  same as my project (until i just used a script)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 03:17:19 PM by kanae »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 01:01:58 AM »
Hi,

That's very strange. Have you tried the photon demo itself? not the one I made in playmaker?

Bye,

Jean

kanae

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 12:34:13 PM »
I haven't, but that really wouldn't matter would it?  What's breaking for me is the Playmaker photon actions. not the actual photon classes (i used the script classes to get connected in the first place)

it seems the root of the problem is the playmaker connect to photon actions never recieve an oncallback for lobby connect.  at least not on my mac.  I'm using leopard which is a few versions behind (i need it for FCP7), maybe that has something to do with it, I don't know.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 01:11:33 AM »
Hi,

since the PlayMaker demo is an exact replicate of the photon demo, then we can progress. If the original photon demo works, then we have an issue within the PlayMaker port, else the issue is in the implementation itself.

I'll investigate more this week, I may not do the right steps to reproduce this.

Bye,

Jean