playMaker

Author Topic: DataMaker/XPath  (Read 19667 times)

lkmad

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
Re: DataMaker/XPath
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2015, 10:23:36 AM »
Hi,

I deleted the ArrayMaker & imported DataMaker. Got the GUID error which I ignored, closed Unity, reopened got an error about "Failed to load window layout - This can happen if layout contains custom windows and there are compile errors in the project." and now my Playmaker windows are gone and no idea how to get them up again. They're missing from the top menu.

What now?!

Lydia

13 compilation errors that appeared:
1. Assets/PlayMaker Utils/PlayMakerUtils_Events.cs(14,28): error CS0111: A member `PlayMakerUtils.SendEventToGameObject(PlayMakerFSM, UnityEngine.GameObject, string)' is already defined. Rename this member or use different parameter types
2. Assets/PlayMaker Utils/PlayMakerUtils_Events.cs(19,28): error CS0111: A member `PlayMakerUtils.SendEventToGameObject(PlayMakerFSM, UnityEngine.GameObject, string, HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmEventData)' is already defined. Rename this member or use different parameter types
3. Assets/PlayMaker Utils/PlayMakerUtils_FsmVar.cs(25,28): error CS0111: A member `PlayMakerUtils.RefreshValueFromFsmVar(HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm, HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmVar)' is already defined. Rename this member or use different parameter types
4. Assets/PlayMaker Utils/PlayMakerUtils_FsmVar.cs(82,30): error CS0111: A member `PlayMakerUtils.GetValueFromFsmVar(HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm, HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmVar)' is already defined. Rename this member or use different parameter types
5. Assets/PlayMaker Utils/PlayMakerUtils_FsmVar.cs(163,28): error CS0111: A member `PlayMakerUtils.ApplyValueToFsmVar(HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm, HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmVar, object)' is already defined. Rename this member or use different parameter types
6. Assets/PlayMaker Utils/PlayMakerUtils_Serialization.cs(109,30): error CS0111: A member `PlayMakerUtils.ParseValueToString(object, bool)' is already defined. Rename this member or use different parameter types
7. Assets/PlayMaker Utils/PlayMakerUtils_Serialization.cs(114,30): error CS0111: A member `PlayMakerUtils.ParseValueToString(object)' is already defined. Rename this member or use different parameter types
8. Assets/PlayMaker Utils/PlayMakerUtils_Serialization.cs(197,30): error CS0111: A member `PlayMakerUtils.ParseValueFromString(string, bool)' is already defined. Rename this member or use different parameter types
9. Assets/PlayMaker Utils/PlayMakerUtils_Serialization.cs(467,30): error CS0111: A member `PlayMakerUtils.ParseValueFromString(string)' is already defined. Rename this member or use different parameter types
10. Error while reading window layout: window #11 is null
UnityEditor.WindowLayout:LoadWindowLayout(String, Boolean)
11. Failed to load window layout: System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
  at UnityEditor.WindowLayout.LoadWindowLayout (System.String path, Boolean newProjectLayoutWasCreated) [0x00113] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\GUI\WindowLayout.cs:507
12. Failed to destroy editor windows: #8
AnimatorControllerTool
AnimationWindow
ProjectBrowser
InspectorWindow
SceneHierarchyWindow
SceneView
GameView
ConsoleWindow
UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:LoadDefaultLayout()
13. Failed to destroy views: #10
SplitView
DockArea
DockArea
DockArea
MainWindow
Toolbar
AppStatusBar
SplitView
SplitView
DockArea
UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:LoadDefaultLayout()

« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 10:31:28 AM by lkmad »

lkmad

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 10:59:44 AM »
I'm trying to create a new clean project where I load DataMaker from the beginning and I get these warnings in the attachment. Why are these issues happening? Is DataMaker not updated to Unity 5? How do I overcome them?

artician

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2015, 11:01:24 AM »
Arraymaker and Datamaker are in the same package, so there's some confusion there as to what you're removing and replacing. 
The problem is an easy fix though:
Unity takes a poop whenever a script throws errors at startup (or in this case, if a script is looking for other components and doesn't find them because they've been removed, or changed).  The Editor immediately stops loading other plugins, which affects the Editor window layout.
The way to fix this is to delete your PlayMaker folders entirely and reimport both PlayMaker, ArrayMaker (which includes DataMaker), and any other PlayMaker add-ons you need. 
Unless you've introduced errors into the PlayMaker code, or there are other errors in your project, that should fix you right up.  Always make backups of your projects!

artician

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2015, 11:02:08 AM »
I'm trying to create a new clean project where I load DataMaker from the beginning and I get these warnings in the attachment. Why are these issues happening? Is DataMaker not updated to Unity 5? How do I overcome them?

Are you importing PlayMaker before you import ArrayMaker?

lkmad

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2015, 11:07:01 AM »
Oh hang on, so Datamaker is now inside ArrayMaker?! I thought it was the other way round. I've been trying to load Datamaker instead of the ArrayMaker (which says updated to Unity5) and was getting these issues.

Yes, I'm importing Playmaker first.

Thanks so much for trying to help me out with these issues. :)

lkmad

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
DataMaker XML
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2015, 11:10:32 AM »
Loaded my back up with the updated ArrayMaker, don't see the XML commands that DataMaker introduces. :/

artician

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2015, 11:28:37 AM »
Oh jesus, I'm so sorry.  In my attempt to help you I just mixed things up.  Let me start over.

ArrayMaker and dataMaker are not the same, that's my fault.

Just delete the PlayMaker folder and all it's associated folders (be sure to back up any custom actions or templates within).
Then reimport PlayMaker first, then import DataMaker.  Evidently DataMaker includes Arraymaker now (@JeanFabre?) so let's leave ArrayMaker out of the scenario; that was just me getting mixed up myself.

Regardless that should fix any errors you encounter, but please paste any that do popup or mention if they're the same ones above.

lkmad

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2015, 11:35:41 AM »
Hey! Thanks again for taking the time to help me. :)

That's what I did with a clean file just in case and got the attachment errors (same as above but including them here again to avoid confusion).

DataMaker's page says that it was last updated in 2013, but ArrayMaker's in 2015. That's why I'm wondering, whether ArrayMaker within DataMaker is the old one hence the 6 problems I'm having. 7th is a DataMaker outdated issue with Register vs Record. :/

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2015, 12:31:44 PM »
Hi,

no DataMaker doesn't include ArrayMaker, but it does include PlayMakerUtils ( which is shared with ArrayMaker, it's a common set of functions basically).

Bye,

Jean

artician

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2015, 12:37:20 PM »
Hi Jean,

May I make a couple of suggestions?

The DataMaker page states this:
Download
DataMakerXml.unitypackage
ArrayMaker is provided in this package. It features an xml extension to parse xml in hashtables for convenience.

Also, the DataMaker page is actually titled XmlMaker, which adds to the confusion.

Lastly, DataMaker and ArrayMaker are two packages none of my projects go without.  May I suggest bundling them all in one package?  Maybe renaming it to "PlayMaker-CriticalPack", (because really it should be part of the core toolset, it's so useful).

Anyway, thanks for the reply because I didn't have much else I could suggest for Ikmad.

lkmad

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2015, 01:53:45 PM »
Umm, it does indeed include Arraymaker (old version) see attachment. As artician also pointed out (thanks!!), the extension page explicitly states that it does. Hence all these issues & confusion! :/

If it can either be updated to include the new Arraymaker or Arraymaker is removed from the package, that way we can have the newer version installed separately?!

Then the only final issue will be this error: Assets/PlayMaker DataMaker/Xml/__internal__/Editor/DataMakerXmlEditor.cs(38,18): warning CS0618: `UnityEditor.Undo.RegisterUndo(UnityEngine.Object[], string)' is obsolete: `Use Undo.RecordObjects instead'

which I assume DataMaker will need to have it updated for Unity 5?! Or if there's some help with what script we need to update or something?!

Agreed with artician re: the importance of these extensions, they will be integral to my project and I would love to be able to use them!

Many thanks for all your hard work!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:00:00 PM by lkmad »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2015, 02:55:35 PM »
Hi,

ah yes sorry, my mistake.., I was checking the wrong rep for this..

I am currently doing a lot of work on arrayMaker and dataMaker, so there will be soon a new set of packages.

I may bundle ArrayMaker, XmlMaker, etc inside DataMaker yes, that is something I woudl like to do, but I fear it will bring too much problems to drag from platforms to platforms...

ignore the warning for now, it's totally harmless.

Bye,

Jean

lkmad

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2015, 03:36:07 PM »
I can't ignore the Datamaker errors as they corrupt my project & Playmaker no longer works. :/

I will have to stay without Datamaker XML for now until there's an update. When you say soon, is it week(s) or month(s)?

Many thanks.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2015, 03:07:11 AM »
Hi,

Your errors are only because of the Untiy 4/5 upgrade. Simply remove all ArrayMaker/DataMaker/PlayMakerUtils folders and import again, these issues will go away. As long as you will have duplicated files ( "xxx 1" then you'll get issues).

Bye,

Jean

lkmad

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2015, 05:56:35 AM »
Hi Jean,

If I import Datamaker & ArrayMaker in again, of course I will have duplicates again since ArrayMaker (old version) is included inside Datamaker. You are asking me to re-import XMLMaker & ArrayMaker (DatamakerXML) + ArrayMaker (Unity 5 update).

So either I need to try working with old Datamaker (and old ArrayMaker) or I need to manually figure out how to import Datamaker and uncheck every single ArrayMaker reference so that I can install the new ArrayMaker and I will not have duplicates. That's why we said about the Datamaker either bundled with ArrayMaker (but updated) or remove the ArrayMaker from Datamaker so that we won't be having these issues in the future.

Thx.