playMaker

Author Topic: 3D Infinite Runner for Playmaker  (Read 37200 times)

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
3D Infinite Runner for Playmaker
« on: March 10, 2015, 10:00:23 AM »
I'm super excited to share with you our latest, and what I believe to be one of our coolest game templates to date!

3DSauce proudly presents,

3D Infinite Runner for Playmaker. Now available on the Unity Asset Store* and 3DSauce.com!

*Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. While clicking these links won't cost you any money, it will help us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

This feature packed kit has everything you need to make your own endless 3D running game. No programming required!

Trailer: http://youtu.be/41xNDCJdpzA

Unity 5 Ready!
*Requires Playmaker

Features:

1 - Responsive swipe controls
2 - Throwing projectiles
3 - Destructible objects
4 - Power ups
– Coin magnet
– Shield
– Continue Keys
– Coin doubler
– Score Multiplier
5 - Multiple speed levels
6 - Ramps, Obstacles, Tunnels, Coins and more!
7 - uGUI menus
8 - Simple character model swapping
9 - Mecanim animations (Idle, Run, Sprint, Jump, Double Jump, Slide, Throw, Spawn)
10 - Unlit world curving shader with real time directional shifting
11 - Dynamic follow camera
12 - Fast loading track randomization
13 - Easy track editing
14 - Object pooling on everything
15 - PlayerPref high scores
16 - Steampunk artwork included
17 - Sound effects included
18 - Detailed documentation
19 - Fully commented logic
20 - Mobile ready

<< DEMO >>

<< Sample Android APK >>

Feel free to ask questions, make suggestions, or post requests in this thread.
You can also check out our unity forums thread.

Thank you all for your support! Please remember to leave a rating and review if you want to encourage updates and new kits!

This kit also comes bundled as part of the Playmaker Essentials Pack, a complete collection of our most popular Playmaker game templates!
Available on the Unity Asset Store* and 3DSauce.com!

« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 07:45:18 AM by Graham »
More templates on the Unity Asset Store!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Re: 3D Infinite Runner for Playmaker [NEW!]
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 07:18:37 PM »
Many people have been asking about Unity 5 support, currently this package can only be used with Unity 4. I am currently working on a Unity 5 update, however I can't give an ETA since I am running into more issues than I had anticipated. A lot has changed in Unity 5, especially with the physics system. I will post as soon as it's ready!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 02:47:44 AM »
Looking awesome man. A must buy!

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 01:29:03 PM »
@Flying Robot
Thank you!

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 01:30:19 PM »
I've just submitted an update with full Unity 5 support! It also features numerous bug fixes and improvements.

I will let everyone know as soon as it gets accepted.

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 06:31:10 PM »
Unity 5 version is now live, thanks for your patience!

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 08:48:49 AM »
Many people have been asking for this, so I have added a Sample Android APK to the description.

This version uses full resolution textures, it can be optimized much more if needed. The swipe sensitivity can also be easily adjusted. Let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 08:50:48 AM by Graham »

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 01:16:27 PM »
Many people have expressed frustration when using continues, only to immediately die afterwards by hitting another obstacle. I have remedied this by adding a brief invincibility after using a continue. It acts just like the shield, but it's expiration is duration based instead of usage based.

I will be submitting this in an update along with a few other things soon. If you want to try it right away, contact me with your invoice number and I will be happy to send you a sample scene with the new fix.

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 04:31:22 PM »
The update is now live!

Set your invincibility timer and you'll have no more unnecessary deaths after reviving! Also includes a few bug fixes, you will no longer get stuck on junk obstacles in Unity 5.

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 03:54:28 PM »
I was asked me to make a version of this kit that would allow for defined level lengths. This allows levels that end at a given distance, and perhaps you can implement different themes for each level etc. I put it together, but it will not be in the official release for a while since it's still a little rough around the edges and not documented yet.

If anyone wants early access to this gameplay type, simply contact me with your invoice number and I'll gladly send you a sample.

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 09:50:57 PM »
This kit is now included in our Playmaker Essentials Pack!

You can get the entire Playmaker template collection at almost 50% OFF the regular price when you buy the bundle this week only!

Don't forget, I can give you an additional rebate for any kits you already own! Just contact me.

Bhoopalan

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 07:19:39 AM »
Hi

I'm running through errors with this kit.

It shows "The referenced script on this behaviour is missing" 25 times. When I press on it, it shows CoinMagnet, InnerTween and many others.

It also shows many "Could not create action" errors. Will it be possible to share the error report or logs or anything like that? If yes, how do I do it?

I kind of thought that it is a complete template and just replacing the prefabs would do. Is it not?

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 04:32:17 PM »
@Bhoopalan: I've replied to your email, I'll be happy to help you out.

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2015, 05:37:10 PM »
If anyone runs into the same issue as Bhoopalan, please read the getting started section in the documentation. It is essential that you import the "IMPORT THIS After Playmaker" unitypackage after unpacking the kit and Playmaker.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 01:14:30 AM »
Hi,

Why don't use include the preview version of PlayMaker? then your package works as is imported in a fresh empty project. You could make two versions on the asset store, one with PlayMaker preview, one raw for example.

Bye,

Jean