playMaker

Author Topic: Unity 5.6 Beta Patch  (Read 35017 times)

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Unity 5.6 Beta Patch
« on: January 07, 2017, 02:36:50 PM »
NOTE: THIS IS NOT LONGER NEEDED WITH LATEST VERSION OF PLAYMAKER

Please import the attached package to fix issues with the Unity 5.6 beta.

NOTE: Sometimes beta versions of Unity break things. Please report any problems you run into with the Unity betas so we can fix them as quickly as possible.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 03:17:14 PM by Alex Chouls »

Sharm

• Playmaker Newbie
    • best credit repair
Re: Unity 5.6 Beta Patch
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 09:35:59 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

craigz

• Beta Group
    • Haven Made
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 07:16:52 PM »
Just as a quick question, has anyone had any crazy issues with the Unity 5.6 beta as far as Playmaker goes?

Reeeallly been eye-balling that navmesh recalculation... thinking about upgrading now? :D

-craigz

Headtrip

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 07:40:11 PM »
would this help the new beta 5.6b8's issues? the newest beta breaks the FSM components.  thanks!

kdsh7

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 04:39:44 PM »
Having some serious issues with Unity5.6b9 which we're being forced to use because of the Daydream support.

Our playmaker globals aren't loading, the inspector when on the resources/playmakerglobals asset has 'The associated script can not be loaded'. Have tried the attached package which doesn't help.

Any tips on what we can do to fix this? Readding all our globals is going to take a while..

Headtrip

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 03:54:38 PM »
me too, hopefully we hear something soon!

brucezhu2018

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 07:31:17 PM »
Having some serious issues with Unity5.6b9 which we're being forced to use because of the Daydream support.

Our playmaker globals aren't loading, the inspector when on the resources/playmakerglobals asset has 'The associated script can not be loaded'. Have tried the attached package which doesn't help.

Any tips on what we can do to fix this? Readding all our globals is going to take a while..
I have the same  issue too  in  5.6b9, I  hope  it can  be  solved  soon....

kdsh7

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 04:48:02 AM »
ok, I'm working my way through a fix - I'll let you guys know where I am in case you're like me and you have tight deadlines to meet.

Make a copy of your playmaker globals file (Assets/Playmaker/Resources) - preferably from GIT pre 5.6 update.

So go to your playmaker globals file, and click on the 'playmakerglobals' (Assets/Playmaker/Resources) script in the inspector. It should show you which script the globals object is using in your project window. In my case it was pointing to the Playmaker.dll in Plugins/Playmaker/WP8 - obviously the wrong one! Set it to the right one in Plugins/Playmaker.

Then finally, if your globals object hasn't updated, open the asset in a text editor like sublimetext, open your backed up copy, and copy/paste all the variables at the end of it into the current file.

Headtrip

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 12:09:20 AM »
Hi,
I tried this but cannot see any info on assigning the proper dll when I select the globals object. I see a spot for health manager...
" It should show you which script the globals object is using in your project window. " 
maybe I don't understand where to source the globals file from, I copied it from a pre 5.6 project. opening this file just shows binary numbers... maybe im out of my league here hehe

kdsh7

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 05:50:59 AM »
Headtrip, you need to click on the panel menu (that little 3 line burger icon next to the padlock on the inspector) and choose 'debug' rather than 'normal' right at the top.

Then it will show you what script that object is using, and you can swap it out.

But far more pressing, is the fact that the new update breaks all FSMs. So even if you can restore globals all your logic breaks. Which renders this a bit of a moot exercise. Do we have any idea when a fix might be forthcoming, a fix that can successfully upgrade our FSMs? As you can imagine this is pretty serious for any projects for which 5.6 will become mandatory.

Headtrip

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 04:46:48 PM »
any official updates?  thanks

amitchai2

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2017, 11:40:48 AM »
Same here, I've lost all FSM connection after upgrading to 5.6 Beta. Is there any solution?!?!

kotor

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 12:37:14 AM »
It has been few days since last  post with answer regarding fixing the broken links to FSM scripts ?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2017, 08:16:23 AM »
Hi,

It's currently being worked on.

Bye,

Jean

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2017, 04:14:08 PM »
As far as I can tell this is a Unity bug that they're aware of. I'm hoping the fix will be in the next Unity beta.