playMaker

Author Topic: Materials not changing and objects not activating/deactivating properly on iOS  (Read 3451 times)

Team3D

• Playmaker Newbie
Hello, in a project I have been working on (I can't go into too much detail because its a live project), I have had trouble changing material or activating/deactivating objects with different materials between scenes using data saved using global variables. I've done this by saving data using string variables and boolean variables in a scene which saves the options the player chooses and comparing those variables in another scene to represent those choices.
When built out, the project works on the following devices that I have been able to test; iPhone 5s and iPad Air 2, and the project doesn't work on; iPhone 6s and iPad Pro.

When the project is played on the iPhone 6s and iPad Pro the object materials don't change at all, they just stay white. I changed this system to activate and deactivate game objects with materials set on them and this doesn't work either, the objects just stay there with a white material.

I've tried building using unity 5.6.1p1 and Unity 2017.2.0 Beta. The project is also using 360 video content, I'm not sure if this matters.

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 09:42:04 AM by Team3D »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

I'll investigate, maybe something odd is playing up with globals.

Bye,

Jean

Team3D

• Playmaker Newbie
From what I've tried I don't think so. I managed to get text to update based on at least one of the choices. It seems weird to me that some iOS devices work but some don't.

Team3D

• Playmaker Newbie
I forgot to mention that the scene thats updating/saving the global variables is being loaded into the main scene additively. I don't know if this makes a difference or not.

Team3D

• Playmaker Newbie
I've found the problem, it was because I was using a legacy self-illum shader on a material.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

good :)

Bye,

Jean