playMaker

Author Topic: [solved] Use Axis Vector for animation blending  (Read 3787 times)

marvmiller

• Playmaker Newbie
[solved] Use Axis Vector for animation blending
« on: April 18, 2011, 04:20:15 PM »
I can use the Get Axis Vector to read the vector of the joystick, but how do I do tests for deciding which animations to blend based on that input.  For example, if stick is back, I should switch to jogBackwards state, if stick left, switch to strafeLeft state etc.  If its BACK and Left, then I'd like to blend between those 2 states somehow.

I'm thinking it would be useful to have some visual representation of a stick which allows us to define areas (direction and magnitude) for triggering events.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 04:21:47 PM by marvmiller »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Use Axis Vector for animation blending
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 04:49:37 AM »
Hi,

I think you are looking for this new action that let you wire events based on the direction of the vertical/horizontal inputs:

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=137.0

Regards blending, it would be already something after this dispatching events.

Bye,

Jean

marvmiller

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Use Axis Vector for animation blending
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 04:21:33 PM »
Oh..  that was rather foolish of me.  For some reason I thought that Axis Event only triggered as a boolean.  Ok, got it..

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: [solved] Use Axis Vector for animation blending
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 12:24:46 AM »
Hi,

You actually can get input axis as boolean with Input.GetButton() .GetButtonDown() and .GetButtonUp(), they only give you hints about the input state, not it's actual value.

bye,

Jean