playMaker

Author Topic: States randomly just scramble and replace other states.  (Read 3082 times)

autumnboy

• Junior Playmaker
States randomly just scramble and replace other states.
« on: April 12, 2018, 03:09:44 AM »
I've encountered this problem several times. I have no clue what causes it, but sometimes playmaker will scramble up events or gameobjects. It grabs one event and replaces it with another. I do have a nested prefab program but I'm unsure whether it would change things inside an fsm.

This is seriously frustrating as I have to go and manually fix thousands of errors. If any of them a globally called events I basically have no idea of knowing until I figure out something doesn't work. I lose hours of time fixing up all this scrambling.

Does anyone else have the same problem, is there a consistent cause and is there something I can do to avoid this happening?

Playmaker V.1.8.6.f4
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 12:33:48 AM by autumnboy »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: States randomly just scramble.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 07:46:49 AM »
Hi,
I would suggest to update playmaker (1.8.9 at the moment)

But before you do, make a backup from your project of course.

Are you using Collaborate?

autumnboy

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 01:12:55 AM »
Okay thanks, will do.

No I am not.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 07:36:45 AM »
Hi.
Let me know if you still have these issues after updating playmaker :)

autumnboy

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 12:33:18 AM »
I just experienced another scrambling issue where global events got swapped out for other global events across the board. I don't know why this happens. I've currently got 143 errors. It's seriously the most frustrating thing. I have to manually go through and fix all of them.
Anyone have any ideas?

Unity 2018.2.2f1
Playmaker 1.9.0

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: States randomly just scramble and replace other states.
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 04:12:50 AM »
Hi,

that's really odd, I never had that kind of issue.

- are you using templates?
- Have you edited global events ( like turning them off back to local, edit their name and turn it back o to global" or things like that?

if you have some repro steps, that will help.

Bye,

Jean

DanielThomas

• Beta Group
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 06:15:46 AM »
I can just add on to that, I had similar cases where a variable gets switched with another. From what I could tell it all happened when I copy paste state into a new FSM. Also think it was when working with prefab.
I can't say for sure though as I don't see it straight away, it's more like you run the game and there is all kind of strange behavior. You start debugging and notice one action which use the wrong variable. Then after some hair pulling you notice ALL of the actions in the whole FSM using one particular variable had it switched out for another variable.
During the last six month I think it happened 3 times.

autumnboy

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 12:49:54 AM »
I've had it happen only a few times and it catches me off guard. It's happened to just normal events as well.

Nope, I wasn't using templates and wasn't changing the global status of an event.

I think it may have something to do with updating disconnected prefabs.

I've had it happen previously when I've dragged a disconnected prefab over to a  the same prefab in the project to replace it. It had the same components just updated.

This time, I updated (Applied changes) to a disconnected prefab and the most recent events applied to the fsm were either removed or other events in the fsm took their place or switched. Other prefabs containing these same events carried this same pattern exactly.

The strange thing is when I tried to readd the missing events it said it was already added but it wasn't there. I had to close Unity and reopen to re add these events. So it was like some strange overwrite.

I'm also using Nested Prefabs, so I don't know if that's the culprit. But the fsms that got scrambled are just a child and don't originate from another prefab.

I'll keep track and see if there's a pattern.