playMaker

Author Topic: Official Tutorial Request Thread  (Read 17689 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • View Profile
Re: Official Tutorial Request Thread
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2017, 01:30:42 AM »
Hi,

Ok, basically, what you need is a selection system using xml. I'll work on this, where you'll be able to pick a mesh out of a given set and it will save it in xml, as well as remember it from sessions to sessions.

Bye,

Jean

C.J.Geringer

• Playmaker Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2017, 03:47:25 AM »
Thank you very much, could you also do one showing how to add sprites to a texture, material? If it is not too much to ask?

If I have the textures with the full faces, I can swap them, no problem, but I have no idea on how to do it so individual eyes, nose and mouth can be selected.(adding simple shapes, or random sprites just to show me how it work would be perfect, doesn´t need to be pretty)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2017, 11:23:00 PM »
Hi,

you;ll need to learn Unity some more here, basically you can't have sprites on mesh materials, sprites are meant to be used for 2d and UI, for 3d models, it's only textures. So make sure you fully understand these differences.

I'll do a texture selection system as well.

Bye,

Jean

C.J.Geringer

• Playmaker Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2017, 03:49:28 AM »
Ok, thanks a lot.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2017, 01:48:42 AM »
Hi,

Started on this: https://twitter.com/JeanAtPlayMaker/status/925341887858438145

dedicated thread here: http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=16054.0

It will take time to complete, but I think I'll release it as incremental updates.

As for textures and sprites, they just don't work together at all, you use textures on meshes and for all material needs, and you use Sprites for all 2d and UI needs. that's all, you can't mix it up so much ( yes UI allows you to show a raw image as texture, but that's not optimal and should only be done for things like renderToTextures, camera feeds or streaming).

Bye,

Jean