playMaker

Author Topic: Welcome! Please introduce yourself!  (Read 165485 times)

24pfilms

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Welcome! Please introduce yourself!
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2013, 09:57:05 AM »
Hello Playmaker...
Well I have had playmaker for quite awhile but have finally just started into the tutorials. Amazing...
Well what I can now do in PM has already surpassed my code stumbling with grace...
Very excited to getting PM's highspeed trickery...
I feel like I can actually build a game now...
Thanks Alex for kicking Ass.

BulletBag

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2013, 05:05:23 AM »
Hi everyone,
I'm a new one in game industry.
I feel great when I found a tool that help uncoding person like me to make game.
Start using PlayMaker.
:)

Darber1968

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2013, 02:13:37 AM »
Hello all I am Darcy pleased to meet you all

kdimas

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2013, 07:43:52 AM »
Hi All,

Just purchased PlayMaker today, glad it's on 50% SALE! :)

I'm Kemas Dimas, going to start making mini games for mobile phones, especially Windows Phone 8.

createasaurus

« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2013, 01:32:45 PM »
Hello everyone.
I'm a 3D artist/designer who always dreamed of making games, particularly for Nintendo.  I'm new to Unity and of course to Playmaker.  I'm so grateful that this resource is here!!!  I'll be watching for when Playmaker Wii U support arrives... my understanding is that the goal is for Playmaker to support all systems, but I'm unclear if Wii U is supported yet.  Regardless, I have much to learn, so I'll be focusing on getting myself up to speed on everything.
Thank you again, createasaurus.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2013, 02:00:51 PM »
I'll be watching for when Playmaker Wii U support arrives... my understanding is that the goal is for Playmaker to support all systems, but I'm unclear if Wii U is supported yet.

We're in the process of registering as Wii U developers, so we hope to have news on that front soon!

travillaintim

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2013, 01:41:00 PM »
Hello everyone,

New to the Unity game engine world. I have been creating modules of boardgames for over 10 years now using the Vassal Engine but have been wanting to take that next step of adding more functionality and the game rules boardgames implement and not just the very basics that Vassal could manage without bogging down to a complete halt (code was never designed for it...).

Coding skills are rudimentary and Playmaker fits the bill fantastically! Been very happy with what I can do / figure out so far in such a short time  :)

Still along way to go and have many concepts to still figure out like for example counters offset stacking but lots of examples of so many different ideas tells me I've found the right place to find help, ideas and demos :)

Cheers
Travillaintim 

rosemary

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2013, 07:50:21 AM »
Hi all !!
I'm Rose Mary, from Lebanon, started to work on playmaker few days ago and it helps me a lot  :D

I'm working on a football simulation and always need your help...

workaholicstudios

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2013, 07:17:44 PM »
Hey Guys,

Im at workaholicstudios, and we are building up our set of game an want to use PM to beta or fully make. check us out at www.workaholicstudios.com

Thanks

4ppleseed

« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2013, 06:02:52 AM »
I'll be watching for when Playmaker Wii U support arrives... my understanding is that the goal is for Playmaker to support all systems, but I'm unclear if Wii U is supported yet.

We're in the process of registering as Wii U developers, so we hope to have news on that front soon!

My studio is a registered Wii-U Unity developer. We haven't ordered a DevKit yet as I'm finishing up some projects but if you need a PM tester next year give me a shout :)

SWAT Kat

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2013, 04:57:57 AM »
Hi,

In most games, my handle is SWAT Kat. I have been an avid player of MMO (Eve-Online,WOW) ,FPS (BF series, COD e.t.c) and beat em ups since my first NES and PS,. Now I am a student and want to do something interesting of my own. Been reading up on Jeff Orkins Three states and a plan (F.E.A.R) and want to do something on planning systems for games. Big ambitions from me but I have no clue about programming except the very basics, decided to go for Playmaker and currently going through the tutorials. It's going to be a very steep learning curve and do bear with me as I ask the noob questions without doing thorough research :). Also I will seek professional help as I am one of those that a direct interaction (skype!) and me asking questions is the best way for me to grasp things ( willing to pay for maybe an hour or two of someones time every now and then).

Regards

Kat

cloud03

• Viva Playmaker!
    • Milkish Game Studios Blog
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2013, 07:31:21 PM »
Hi all, I'm Romi, and I'm really like playmaker after getting the hang of it...it is indeed really powerful

Happy game making!

gheeDough

• Playmaker Newbie
    • indie game school
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2013, 06:32:34 PM »
Hi all,

I'm Guido and I've recently started a blog on learning indie game dev called indie game school. I'm sharing what I'm learning and because I have a background in eLearning, I'm also hoping to put together a few courses - quite possibly involving PM because it's such a great tool :)

Cheers,

Guido

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2013, 01:51:25 AM »
Hi,

This is a welcome initiative indeed! Typically I am aware of several issues ( having attended IndieTAW game jam last week was very useful for this).

-- multi player joystick management ( not networking, simply 4 simultaneous players trying to play the game using xbox types of joystick), I had to come up with scripts to help them out, so a tutorial on how to do this properly from scratch would be great ( ie, make use of Unity input properly, map joysticks to player controls etc).

-- understanding/mastering colliders, triggers and when a rigidbody is required else it would fail. Yes Unity doc says it all, but I think very few are actuall opening the help to read the doc, so we need another vector of information here to help people understanding why a collider or a trigger doesn't work as expected.

-- Player controller: it's a bit of a mess because the Unity controller system is only a starting point for most projects, and so people tend to want to design their own, but it is obviously very hard, so a proper tutorial to write different types of character controller would be great

-- Mecanim is scaring a lot of  entry level users... so this needs some love so that artists and programmer can finally properly adopt this and understand the great power behind this fantastic tool!

-- screen placement for GUI elements, especially how to deal with different screens sizes and how to properly brainstorm the UI so that it works properly and looks good on all screen sizes and ratio.

Bye,

Jean

nomax5

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2013, 03:50:23 AM »
Hi

I'm Roy from Yorkshire England where we wear flat caps and eat dried pigs blood which effects our sense of humour ;-)

I'm old - older than you probably, I am creating a cross between a film and a game a Gilm or Galm if you like, not for points or levels but to stir the emotions of the player and give them an experience.